News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Santa Barbara, CA Nov 3-4 2012

Started by Marpat Pippi, November 05, 2012, 01:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marpat Pippi

This was a gorgeous Santa Barbara Event! It started out with a Bang by being SOLD OUT! That's right, many fine Americans pre-committed to getting off their couch and coming to the Range to shoot. Many of them were recruited by a very diligent and enthusiastic participant,  :bow: Heather, who was seventh stepping before she attended her first Appleseed O0.

We had 20 shooters, a large group of them had never shot a rifle before, were new to shooting, or hadn't shot since they were children.

The instructor lineup included The Marpats (Nick and Rachel), Jeff (SilentPeaShooter), Tom (Freegrazer) and our newest IITs, Micah (dakine_surf) and Kyle (805)ebr.

The shooter lineup:

It was a family affair!

Philip and Alis brought their daughter Zoe. This family can pack a punch on the firing line! Alis and Zoe were rocking their bolt action .22s and Alis's groups were withing 4 MOA on Saturday! Philip's shooting was mighty nice as well!

Tim and Heather brought their daughter Jacqueline and Gosnia brought her daughter.

Jacqueline, Victoria, and Zoe put lots of holes on paper! How are there 15 holes when we only prepped 5 rounds??? :cool2: ;) They stayed safe and had fun!

Heather was diligent and persistent to focus and try to apply all the teaching pieces. It's a lot to put together!

Once Tim started using his sling, he saw an immediate difference, and his groups tightened up.

Gosnia learned the basics of rifle manipulation.

Jacqueline brought her son Adrien ... TO BE CONTINUED (I have to break for dinner) BUT DON't think I left you out I will get to you!)

Andy and sons Ryan and Thomas came. Both boys were doing a great job handling their rifles safely and shooting the target!

Anne is persistantly working toward her Rifleman patch. The apprthe oximate average to achieve Rifleman is 2.5 Appleseeds (some people take more, some take less) as her 3rd Appleseed I've instructed at she is well on her way!

Hilary, a friend of Heather and first time Appleseeder was hitting the target showed great improvement from Sat AM to PM redcoat. We missed you on Sunday :'( . I guess you'll have to make it to another one O0

Chuck came up from Southern Calfiornia (sent the wife shopping) while he worked on his marksmanship. A well prepared and engaged shooter who asked great questions...and a 7th stepper also...returning to Piru with son and daughter...and maybe one of these days the wife will join you :~ :--- :~ 2 days of 22s is bound to be cheaper than 2 days of shopping! O0

Dave was a return participant and steadily working towards rifleman. He killed the Ball and Dummy drill on the lefty side of the line. I see an IIT in the making (could one tell he is a personal trainer for a living).

Michael - glad to finally get you to an Appleseed with your own rifle at that!

Jerry -

Thanks to all for coming! Don't forget to dry practice and see you on the trail!

Marpat Pippi

Is anyone missing a pair of ears? One of our Students found an extra pair. PM me with a description if you are missing ears.

Marpat Pippi

Marpat Pippi

2 smiling families with redcoats :~ :~ :~

Smidge

Great Pics! Cant wait to do another seed.