News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Smithville, TX Nov. 3-4, '12

Started by didactic, November 05, 2012, 07:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

didactic

Absolutely normal Appleseed shoot, which means it was great!   ^:)^ ^:)^

Eighteen souls (a high for this venue, some new and some familiar faces) groped their way through the Saturday morning fog to the Sanborn Shooters range, where we enjoyed lovely mild fall weather until the "20% chance of scattered showers" nailed our spot and we got 100% soaked in the early afternoon!

No new Riflemen, but LOTS of improvement through the two days.  Many "personal best" scores were shot.  And two previous rifle-person-quality shooters, Amber and Melozi, in spite of being plagued by mechanical rifle troubles  :wb: all weekend, decided to take orange hats home!  O0  Texas IS building up a female instructor cadre, so soon we'll be able to hold Ladyseeds that have women as instructors, dag-nabbit!

LabRat, the power   ~~:) behind the folding lawn chair, let me thrash just a little on my first event as SBIT, but kept me on track as needed.  And we all left tired, happy, and with the same number of holes in our bodies as on arrival, so that's a success in just about anybody's book.  :) :) :)

Special thanks to IIT Pistolgrip, who drove many miles out of his "comfort zone" (Davilla) to help out.  Sharp troop.  Coaches well, calls the line with confidence and skill.  Briefing the positions is coming along.  "Strikes" stories are next.

Details and pics to follow.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Congrats on the high number of shooters. We had the same experience at our SE Texas shoot the same weekend. I was impressed considering it was opening weekend of deer season.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Pistolgrip

What a great weekend with a great group of Americans. Excellent attitudes and persistence by all led to many improvements throughout the line. Thanks to didactic and LabRat for excellent mentoring to me.  Events like this make it all worthwhile.    :bow:
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

Bullet

Quote from: didactic on November 05, 2012, 07:57:42 AM
Texas IS building up a female instructor cadre...

O0 O0 O0

Thank you, Amber and Melozi! Hope to see you around soon.
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

glocktopus

Looking forward to helping out and bringing in more ladies while I'm at it!

-Amber

LabRat

Bump!

Wanted to give other shooters a chance to post before I jumped in but now that I've finished cleaning off my  ~~:) I'll go ahead and say, fantastic job everyone.

Nothing I say could add much to Dean's excellent AAR so I will just encourage everyone to keep 7th stepping and hope to see all of you on an Appleseed line in the near future.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

Thomas Paine