News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA - 3-4 Nov 2012 AAR

Started by Theophilus, November 02, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theophilus

Starting the AAR for this event. 
Looking forward to about 26 Americans getting out to experience becoming a rifleman and learning about our heritage.

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

George Hacker

Quote from: Theophilus on November 02, 2012, 09:19:39 PM
Looking forward to about 26 Americans getting out to experience becoming a rifleman and learning about our heritage.

One of those attending is my oldest daughter.  She volunteered to spend the day shooting with me so I invited her to this event and she said she would come!  We are both looking forward to it.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

06en

:pics: Some words word be cool too.  O0 Curious minds wanna know.

Kimber Custom

Well it was a little damp this weekend and everyone had a great attitude. It was a pleasure to work with the 19 American's who got off the couch.

This was a rough weekend on equipment. Several rifles needed a little field smithing and at least two scopes came off Sunday. Way to hang in there with your rifle Roman.

I'm afraid I didn't get my camera out very often this weekend.

George Hacker

Here are some more pictures.  The patch and hat presentations were poor quality because my camera got some moisture on Saturday - ugh...

Here is the Saturday morning briefing crowd.  There were a few more shooters, but they were camera shy.  Notice the rain gear?  Yes - it was pretty damp on Saturday.

Here is a picture of our one rifleman for the weekend.  He shot an expert score on Saturday with a semi-auto version of an AK-47.  He shot repeat rifleman scores with a .22 on Sunday.  Huzzah!

Our very own Kimber Custom received his red hat after completing his IPC on Saturday.  Well done, Ben! O0

We were greeted Sunday morning with a smile and some hot brew from tionico's coffee works.  Thank you for sharing that marvellous brew.

This was an excellent shoot.  Although it was damp, the participants didn't let it dampen their spirits.  Although we only had one new rifleman and a repeat rifleman, there were a few others who were knocking at the door of earning their patch.

Thank you, Wolverton Mountain Gun Club, for letting us use your fine facilities.

Thank you, everyone, for coming out to spend the weekend with us to learn rifle marksmanship and to learn about the birth of liberty in America.

ShadowMan

PS - The highlight for me was having my oldest daughter come out and spend two days with me on the range.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

kenjo

Correction: Kent shot a Rifleman score on Saturday with the AK-47 semi, followed by 2 Rifleman scores with a borrowed 10/22 on Sunday! Good shooting--I'll bet he'd make a great instructor... ;)
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln