News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Three cheers for Auntibellum

Started by yellowhousejake, October 31, 2012, 09:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

I can honestly say that AB has been a valuable sounding board for me as State Coordinator. If you have had the pleasure of working with her you know her dedication to the program. I think she is the instructor I have worked with the most in the past 30 or so months, and I am pretty certain that she has worked more events with a wider variety of SBs than any other instructor in the program. Her depth of experience is beyond most, and she has the enviable ability to see that the forest is made up of individual trees. Most of us see one, or the other.

That is why I am certain that she will do an outstanding job as the next State Coordinator. As of today, AB is SCIT for Indiana and she will take over sometime between now and 2013 (when ever she says "get out of the way").

This announcement is not a cry/sad/it's been great post. I am still here and I have no plans on leaving. I simply have a new job to help push the program forward, and to do it correctly does not allow me to fully focus on the tasks a SC needs to focus on.

I have been very fortunate to have received much encouragement, advice, and help from so many people within the program. Not just Hoosiers, and I ask that everyone give AB the same support as you have all given me. Every SC finds the thing they are passionate about, the thing they want to see the program excel at, and I am sure AB will find that thing for her. When she does, grab on and pull like you have pulled for me. Do that and we cannot go wrong.

Thanks,

See you on the trail...

Yellowhousejake

The new boss!
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

hawkhavn

Most heartfelt thanks to YHJ for shouldering this job and to AB for taking it on next!   :bow:

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Niecie

WOOOOOO HOOOOO  :bow: :bow: :bow:

In other words, thank you for taking this on! You are the best!

Niecie

brianheeter

Just 3 cheers?  AB deserves more than that!  I look forward to your enlightened leadership, Amy!  Thanks for taking on the job.  And thanks to YHJ for all that he has done.  I'm sure there's plenty more....
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Unbridled Liberty

Many thanks to you Jake for your unwavering support for your southern neighbor.  And congratulations and thanks to you Auntibellum for taking the huge job of Indiana SC.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

DaveD

Wow to both of you!  :bow: 

YHJ for the tremendous  job you (& Niecie) have done.  AB, what you have done before -  with what the future holds.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Edheler

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

You're both an inspiration to all of us.

I look forward to seeing you both again at Atterbury next year. Hopefully Domino's still honors the pizza's they owe us. :)

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Pitmaster

Congratulations AB I look forward to helping expand N Indiana and working to enhance the great job YHJ has done.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

spitfire51

AuntieBellum is an excellent instructor and Shoot Boss, and she will be an outstanding State Coordinator.  I look forward to continuing to work with and learn from her in the future.  And while we're at it, a big huzzah for the job YHJ has done in this role.  It's safe to say Indiana is in good hands.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

ATM

Excellent choice. I'm serious.

OK, not that ^ serious, but seriously

...cheers all around!  ;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Miki

stagehand steve

Congrats AuntieBellum!!  Congrats YHJ!!  We've got such great leaders (past, present, and future) in Indiana.  Makes me proud to be a Hoosier Appleseeder.  (Wipes tear from eye...)

= stagehand steve =
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

TruTenacity

Wonderful news! 

Congratulations AuntieBellum.

YHJ, new job?  I'm sure you'll do well whatever the new job entails.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

yellowhousejake

Quote from: TruTenacity on November 01, 2012, 12:51:56 AM
YHJ, new job?  I'm sure you'll do well whatever the new job entails.

Senior Instructor. I expect Auntiebellum, Rimshot, and SPQR will keep me busy.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Ratchett

Huge THANK YOUs to both of you.

I know each respective job will be in great hands!!!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

colycat

Amy you have come a very long way since this shoot

Good form though

Congratulations on the SC gig.  Indiana is in good hands.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

NWIeng

A northerner running the show....   ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Well...kinda...she's still south of Lowell.

Congrats.

HQ

Awesome!  Let me know what you need help with!

A huge thank you YHJ and Niece as well for getting me into this program and all of your work!

grunt soldier

very awesome!  huge congrats AB. 
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

dragonfly

Well done Indiana  O0 O0 O0 O0

Congrats Amy  :bow: O0 O0 O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

SPQR

AB has been our XO here for a while, and darn good at it.  For those of you wondering, it takes more than one person to run a state well, and this is one of the people that helps us roll right.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Barbie

Congrats AB!  Looking forward to working more with you   :)

YHJ and Niece, thank you for all you do, and will continue to do.   O0
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Bryant

Congratulations Auntiebellum  O0 

YHJ has done a great job as SC so far and congratulations to YHJ for his new role.  Its the commitment of folks like you two that make Appleseed in Indiana what it is.  We've got a long way to go across this nation, and our local leaders will help pave the way to get us there. 
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

JV

congrats ab and yhj. looking forward to continuing to working with you. amy, i know you will do a great job.
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

sur+rifle

Congrats!  When will the formal handing over of the bat ceremony occur?   &)   ;)

Evenstar

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

ItsanSKS

Quote from: yellowhousejake on October 31, 2012, 09:09:24 PM
That is why I am certain that she will do an outstanding job as the next State Coordinator. As of today, AB is SCIT for Indiana and she will take over sometime between now and 2013 (when ever she says "get out of the way").

Dude, what'd she ever do to deserve this?!

J/K (sort of)

AB, I'm sure you'll do fine, you've got a great team to lean on!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

AuntieBellum

Quote from: ItsanSKS on November 03, 2012, 10:12:13 AM
Dude, what'd she ever do to deserve this?!

He waited until I was 1200 miles away and with intermittent power and cell service to announce this...coincidence?   ;)

I'm excited and terrified.  It's a big job, and I've got big shoes to fill.  YHJ has led Indiana well, and I'm eager to keep this state moving in the right direction.  I'm sure I'll be keeping in touch with each of you - and keeping YHJ on speed dial.   >:D
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot