News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN Oct. 27-28

Started by spitfire51, October 29, 2012, 10:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

It was a rather brisk weekend at the Cloverdale Conservation Club, but that didn't stop a dedicated group of shooters from joining us on the line for another great weekend of history and marksmanship.  We didn't let a silly little thing like tarps being blown around in the stiff wind to keep us from putting together the fundamentals of the six steps and NPOA and shrinking groups down dramatically throughout Saturday.  The day culminated with a pair of AQTs before the finale of the story of April 19th, 1775.

Sunday started off with a quick review of everything learned the previous day, then the AQT grind.  Some stories of Dangerous Old Men accompanied lunch, along with our IIT Kate's wonderful tale of a dangerous young lady.  More AQTs after lunch, with Adam achieving his Rifleman score at his first event!  The day ended with a ping (or multiple pings, really) when our shooters went out to the 100 yard line and started banging away at the steel plates.  As Kate said, that's one of the best bell choirs you'll ever hear.

Thanks to all our shooters for coming out with us.  Tim and Brandon, eventually I'll get that kid to believe me when I say he's shooting very well.  It's always good to see multiple generations come out with us.  Same goes to Bob, Yvette, and Paola.  I'm sorry the girls couldn't join us on Sunday.  Adam, congrats on the score and thanks for pulling out the Mosin at the end of the weekend.  Chad, I know you want new sights on that rifle, but you persevered through it and put together some real nice shooting.  Crystal, Kurt, good luck with building your range, with a little practice you'll both earn your patch in no time.

Thanks to my fellow instructors as well, especially Rimshot and Uncle Davey for helping us out on Saturday.  DaveD, Wild Deuce, Kate, Acutee, great job as I've come to expect from all of you.   And a big thanks to Dave's daughters for putting lunch together, that hot chocolate was very much appreciated.

I hope all our shooters come back to see us again soon, and as I told you on Sunday, don't come back alone!
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

spitfire51

And now for some pictures

DaveD describes the standing position as Wild Deuce shows off just what a chicken wing is supposed to look like

Real men will shoot a rifle no matter what color it is

Grandfather and grandson sharing some quality time at the range

Enjoying a sunny (and windy) afternoon while learning about shooting at long distance

So many AQTs to score, so little time

A Garand made its way to the line, and Chad just had to try it out

Of course, Crystal couldn't let the guys have all the fun, so she put a few rounds through it as well

I'm not sure, but I think she enjoyed it

Our youth shooter Brandon, who showed tremendous improvement through the weekend

And our new Rifleman, Adam
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

kate

A wonderful shoot indeed!! Everyone had a great aditude and our SBIT did a fantastic job of running things. It was great so see both young and seasoned, men and women, on the line. I had a safe and enjoyable weekend, and I only have you guys to thank. I hope to see everyone on the line again soon  ;D

Happy bailing,
kate

Mosin_Me_Nagant

Thank you again to all of the volunteers that made this past weekend such an amazing time.  This will definitely not be my only Appleseed.  I want to see my buddy Chad get rifleman too.  I plan on making all of the lessons taught second nature through more practice and keep on improving. 

The history lessons made me think about the founders of this great country in a different light and made it seems more real.  I will definitively have some of those stories running through my head next Tuesday.

I had an amazing time and thank you again.  Until next time.

DaveD

What a fun time! A big THANKS to our shooters for spending your weekend with us.

Tim and Brandon, your a great team. I'm looking forward to seeing you at another shoot. Kurt & Crystal, do you have that CMP trip planned yet?
Bob, nice rifle.  Like spitfire51, sorry the girls couldn't be with us Sunday. Chad your putting together some nice shooting.  To  our Rifleman Adam, thanks for bringing out that Mosin.  What a whoot to shoot! Got to buy me one of those O0  My old eyes can see the FRONT SIGHT  ^:)^
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson