News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, MS-AAR Oct. 27-28

Started by hornet41, October 29, 2012, 10:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet41

Another great Appleseed at the DeSoto rifle & pistol club. 14 fine Americans showed up to learn marksmanship and history. Saturday dawned cool and crisp with a north wind blowing. Sunday was the same. No mud or dust at como!!!! Yea!!
After all the admin, safety rules ect, the first redcoat was shot. I knew then we had a group of pretty good shooters! Once they shot the first square target, I was even more impressed. 70% were shooting 6 MOA groups on the first square!
Everyone made good progress through the day. We worked hard on NPOA drills. We got one AQT in before the close of the day Saturday. Results were encouraging!! Several were knocking on the door!.
Sunday was a copy of Saturday, weather wise. Review and sight verification, then started the "grind". We had two Rifleman Sunday;
Mike Long with a 212 and John Dunlap with a 221!!!! Also requalifying were Keith with a 224, Hunter with a 220 and Mike with a 216!
Hunter Long, Mikes 11 year old son received a young patriot's patch and shot a 196 Sunday!
History Saturday and DOM Sunday were very well received and several questions ensued about specific actions. All expressed satisfaction with the event and learning new skills.
Hornet41

hornet41

Hey folks, I'm having computer trouble loading pictures. There are more to load. Hang tight!!!!!

hornet41

A few more;

dart67eb

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

ked0000

Just wanted to say thanks to the instructors Mo, Brian and Haley.  while the weather was windy and cold, , the sun was out and we had a great time.  this was our (my brother , son and mine) second AS, and we all improved from the first shoot.  My brother earned his Riflemans patch and my son continued  to shoot riflemans scores, raising his score along the way.  the instructors were  great, and luckily, the marksmanship improved so there was no flogging.    ~~:)

looking forward to another shoot soon.  hopefully with a centerfire next time.  maybe a Winterseed will be in the future?

thanks again, Keith