News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nampa, ID - October 27-28, 2012

Started by George Hacker, October 29, 2012, 02:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

We spent the weekend with 18 shooters at the Nampa Rod and Gun Club in Nampa, Idaho.  All of them had teachable attitudes and enjoyed hearing about our heritage.  When they heard about the events of April 19, 1775, it awoke the rifleman within each and every person at the event as they were reminded of the patriotic stock that we have come from.

We had 17 shooters on Saturday, 13 on Sunday.  Mark Davis was the shoot boss.  There were three new riflemen forged on the anvil of the AQT and one repeat rifleman.  All of the riflemen shoot multiple qualifying scores to confirm that their patches weren't secured by accident.  Congratulations, Jack, on shooting another rifleman's score at this event - your patch was originally earned in Rexburg.  Congratulations, Joe, Paul, and Paul for earning your patches for the first time.

Harry, couldn't shoot because of recent neck surgery, but as a rifleman he decided to step up and help bail by taking an orange hat.  Since Mark Davis and I were the only instructors originally signed up to work the event, Harry's help was invaluable on Saturday when we had 17 shooters.  He learned quickly how to clear the line and work as an RSO.  Since he lives in the Boise area, we have the seed of a local Boise instructor cadre starting.

Paul (right) - it was a pleasure meeting you.  Congratulations on earning your patch.

Joe and Margo - thank you both for coming out and bringing your boys with you.  All of your skills improved as the weekend progressed.  Margo, you are knocking on the door of getting your rifleman's patch.  Tanner - excellent shooting.  Don't forget to put your safety glasses on when you go into a preparation period.  Evan - your memorization of the six steps to firing the shot was awesome.  I think there is a future Appleseed instructor in the making.

Larry - it was a pleasure meeting you and your command of Revolutionary War history was amazing.  I hope you shoot rifleman in the future and consider joining us as an instructor.

Gary - thank you for bringing your Brown Bess with the bayonet.  You were very gracious to allow everyone to shoot your musket.

Paul (left) - I'm glad you came out to breakfast Sunday morning before the shoot.  It was nice getting to know you better and your shooting was excellent.  Let me know when your wife comes to an Appleseed.

The Stinger Clan - you guys are a great family.  We enjoyed having you Saturday and wished you could have come back on Sunday.  Each of you were improving as marksmen.  Gracie - hang in there and keep practicing.  I was impressed by your persistence and gumption.  Harry - again, thank you for taking the orange hat and Lindsay - thank you for helping me pronounce "Concord" correctly with the proper Massachusetts intonation.  You both have a wonderful family.

Tad - it was a pleasure having you and Macey at the shoot.  She was a trooper and I'm glad we got her equipment issues squared away Sunday morning.  I could see her confidence build as the day went on and it was a nice touch to see her finish well on her last AQT.  We are all glad Lana was feeling better and was able to come on Sunday.  She was a quick study.

Scoob - you are a rock star.  Although you didn't shoot rifleman, you were generous to invite coworkers and friends to join you at this event.  You are a Paul Revere, not a William Dawes - alerting everyone you know about the need to wake up and reclaim the freedoms secured by out founders.  I sincerely hope our paths cross again in the future.

Mark Davis - it is always a pleasure working a shoot with you.  You have a great sense of humor and keep everyone on task.

Pa Rah - thank you for being a gracious host.  You are a blessing and your efforts to keep Appleseed busy in the Vale/Nampa/Boise area is greatly appreciated.

Jeff - thank you for your help with the event and for representing us at your club.  Nampa Rod and Gun Club is a very special place and I hope to come out there again some time in the future.

Everyone - thank you for the special, "Mark Davis line of clothing," Appleseed T-shirt.  It is very special and it will remind me of the wonderful weekend spent with you all in Nampa.

For those of you knocking at the door of earning your rifleman's patch, keep dry practicing.  Become more familiar with your equipment to the point you can do mag changes by feel and can transition more smoothly and efficiently.

In liberty,

ShadowMan

PS - Pictures will be coming, one I confirm who gave us permission to use their pictures for promotions.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Mark Davis

Thanks Rod for supplying such nice target backers.
Thanks Jeff for for spending the day with us. Many ranges supply just a dirt back stop.
Thanks Mike, doughnuts, cookies, bringing you freinds, having a group makes the event so much more worthwhile.
Thanks to all the shooters who made the weekend worthwile and enjoyable.
Thanks George for nice clear delivery of information on rifle marksmanship.

Pa Rah

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan

George Hacker

Quote from: Pa Rah on October 30, 2012, 01:32:30 PM
Pictures, where are the pictures?
Three words:  incomplete release forms

I have the pictures close to being ready, but I may have to blur more faces depending on the wishes of some of the shooters.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

scoob

Thank you gentlemen, for another great experience!  Thank you for traveling the hundreds (more like thousands) of miles and taking time away from your families to teach us how to be riflemen.  Thanks to you, the 'seed has been planted here in the Treasure Valley.  Hopefully, enough of us will grab buckets and splash some water on that seed while we're bailing.   
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

Mark Davis

Picture of ShadowMan

scoob

Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

Mark Davis

George Hacker

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.  Sorry they are late.  We had a few shooters who didn't sign a permission form so the pictures required a little editing.

Saturday morning means 1st redcoat targets start the day.

Here are the two who shot rifleman scores on Saturday.

These children were great! They are proud of their Young Patriot's Patch.

We have a new orange hat instructor who lives in the Boise, Idaho area.

Time for a math lesson with IMC: inches, minutes, and clicks.

Here is one of two Sunday riflemen. The other one was camera shy. Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!

One of the shooters brought out a Brown Bess musket.

Looks like Margo enjoyed shooting the musket.

I have a new, personalized Appleseed T-shirt. Thank you to all who participated in the customization.

Nothing ends an Appleseed better than having a cleared redcoat target and shooting another rifleman's score on an AQT.

Jen123Rex

Wish we could have gone.  It looks like you all had a great time.  I sent the Rexburg schedule up today for 2013.