News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Danville, IL, October 27-28, 2012 AAR

Started by TheEditor, October 27, 2012, 11:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEditor

Day 1: 
Two shooters, 5 instructors (seems like a lot, but three of the instructors are pretty much local). 

Perhaps some walk ons tomorrow for the KD componnent. 

The Editor

Pictured:  Shooters Suzanne and Eliane, with instructors AK, The Nailer, Shooter 30-06, and RBKL. 

Note the flag extended.  Steady, stiff wind, directly in shooter's faces.  But that did not deter them from making great progress. 

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

TheEditor

100 percent Riflemen! 

Elaine was ill and could not return for Day 2.  Suzanne (Mambo on the Forum) showed the Persistence of a Rifleman and, on day 2 of her third AS achieved RIFLEMAN!  With a 224 no less!  And she agreed to become an instructor and don the ORANGE HAT.  Congratulations! 

The Editor

John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Mamba

.....Would like to file a complaint with Appleseed management for the utter lack of personal attention this weekend..... ;D (That's a joke)

Thanks so much to TheEditor, Nailer, RBKL, Shooter30-06, and AK for a great weekend of instruction, for letting me try the "Miracle Rifle", and for not making horrible fun of me for getting all choked up when I finally was able to put it all together. 

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." - Revelations 6:8

Shooter30-06

This was certainly one of the most fun and gratifying shoots of the year.  First, let me say how much I enjoy working with TheEditor, Nailer, RBKL, and my darling bride AK.  You are one and all a talented, motivated, and amiable group of Instructors to work with.  Thank You!

Enter Mamba.  She was a three time Appleseeder and very much wanted to shoot Rifleman and join the AS Instruction program.  After working on her breathing and trigger Saturday morning she put ten shots into a one inch square proving that it was just a matter of time and effort.  The effort was never lacking and she persevered.  On Sunday, equipment issues reared their head with her scope mount.  Now enter the "Miracle Rifle" which, using for the first time and without adjustment, I believe she shot 204.   The very next AQT was a 224.  Everyone felt the exhileration of her accomplishment.  You will be a great addition to the team.
The KD shooting was fantastic.  Every Instructor made the steel ring at 200 and 300 yards.  A perfect way to cap off Mamba's triumph.   
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Shooter30-06

I almost forgot to congratulate RBKL on her 234 on Saturday which was a personal best for her and to Nailer for shooting a Rifleman score LEFT HANDED!  Every Instructor requalified multiple times. 
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

AK

It was a wonderful Appleseed weekend.  As always, I had a great group of instructors to work with.  Started the weekend with 5 instructors and two shooters.  Unfortunately, Elaine was not able to come back on Sunday.  Started Sunday off with five instructors and ended it with 6, after Mamba shot Rifleman and took an orange hat.  She did a nice job then of calling the line so that a couple of her fellow instructors could shoot one more AQT with different guns. The KD shooting was a lot of fun, too.   Pictures to follow.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

The Nailer

It was a weekend that epitomizes what Appleseed is all about we started with 2 shooters and ended up with only one but it was still it was a great weekend.  It was nice being able to witness Mamba's journey to Rifleman her first Appleseed was a winterseed the second had temperatures in the high 90's and finally earning her rifleman on a sunny but cool and windy beautiful fall day.  Her persistence and perseverance paid off with her goal of not only obtaining her rifleman patch but taking an orange hat.  Congratulations Mamba and thanks to the other instructors  for making it a great weekend.
The Nailer

RBKL

What a great Appleseed weekend!!  Thanks to shooters Suzanne and Elaine for coming out.  Elaine, sorry you could not make it back on Sunday.  I'm sure Suzanne will make sure to bring you back again.

Congradulations to Suzanne for staying focused and deturmind and shooting a rifleman score -- and taking an orange hat!!

The weekend gave the instructors the oppertunity for some trigger time.  :~   Everyone had fun shooting the KD also.

As alwasy, it was a please to work with The Editor, Shooter30-06, AK and of course The Nailer.   Looking forward to woking with everyone again in the future - including Mamba.   

If I have any photos that are different that the ones posted, I will work on getting them up in the next few days.

RBKL