News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion, IL, October 20-21

Started by dond, October 23, 2012, 01:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Sold Out - and more. We sold out at 25, but somehow managed to put up one more target, and 28 shooters showed up, including all 25 preregs. Twenty one of the participants were first time Appleseeders.  ^:)^  Two preregs graciously gave up their spots Saturday morning so the walk-ons could shoot.  :bow: However, a family of four had to leave mid-afternoon which freed up some spots. There is always a great turnout of eager shooters at Marion. The club is also helpful and cooperative. What a great location.

Nine young youth shooters showed up, as well as 4 older youth shooters. It's always good to have such a good turnout of serious young shooters. This shoot also was a great example of Appleseed being a wholesome family activity. Seven family groups participated. This included a grandfather who shot beside his grandson for two days. Another grandfather accompanied his grandson but did not shoot.

Two new Riflemen were made on the very first AQT. Scores continued to improve with time. Some 190s were achieved, as well as two 206s. One of these was the grandfather mentioned above. And amazingly, the other 206 was a pregnant lady who couldn't get into the prone position. She had to shoot stages 3 and 4 from the sitting position!  :cool2:  O0  ^:)^ What an inspiring and heartwarming performance she gave.

I'll remember this shoot for a long time.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

olefido

Had a great time, Don. Met a lot of new shooters who were real enthusiastic about Appleseed. Mutti, Riflesnreins, CadyCat, Steck, Ratboy, Mike, and of course, the real shoot boss, Sara( ;)), I really enjoyed working with you all. I will keep plugging away trying to get my patch as well.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Mutti

We had a wonderful time meeting many new shooters and welcoming back a few friends. Brian H - Outstanding! I know you've been working on this for a while.

To all of the Youth - thank you for being so enthusiastic and safe - I cannot believe how well you're groups improved. I have to say that the Transitions were smooth on Sunday.

Howard and Cooper - thanks for reminding me what "persistence" really means. Jason - your family was delightful.

Few photos here with more to come later: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22465254@N04/sets/72157631836490152/

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

KD Cat

Thanks for a good shoot everyone! It was very nice meeting everyone. Saturday was a little busy, but everything was taken care of. On Sunday we got down to the AQT's. On the very first AQT two riflemen where made ^:)^! High scores of 190's and 200's were achieved. Lots of new shooters. And we all had fun. Very nice 2nd and 1st strike Mutti and Steck O0

See you on the trail!

KD Cat.     
When a man loves cats, I am his friend without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

Steck

What a wonderful group!  The calm patience of the new shooters was particularly impressive.

Let's see if any of RatBoy's photos came out -- if so, they'll be posted  :)

Mutti

So thankful that Larry Morse sent some more photos to update this thread:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22465254@N04/

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)