News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaplin, Ct Oct 20-21

Started by TOMINCT, October 23, 2012, 10:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A great weekend at the Fin-Fur and Feather club  A sold out event with a large number of new shooters made it a satisfying effort. Several things that made this shoot different. I'll fill in Sunday, others can fill out the events on Saturday.

The Sunday startup with safety and other aspects covered so rounds could go downrange at 10am.
The am redcoat count was impressive as the fundamentals taught on Saturday 'stuck' well with three 400 yard, three 300, eight 200, seven 100 and seven shingle shots recorded. Nice! A quick review of NPOA, sitting SHF's and cadence and a standing warmup preceeded the AQT grind before lunchtime.

After lunch the grind commenced with a mix of RFAQT's and stage by stage AQT's. The end result was 3 riflemen and several pushing it in the low 200 area.

I said earlier riflemen, let me correct that to riflewomen and junior rifleman. First was Patricia with a requalifying score of 210 and a nice cool dousing. She accomplished this using a bolt rifle BTW! Nice! Next was Catherine with a score of 213. Huzzah! ^:)^ Next was Alex. Everyone knew Alex as he kept x-firing on his older brothers target, but when he kept them on his target a new rifleman was born, score 210. Way to go Alex! O0

There were a fair number of centerfire shooters at this shoot also, some repeats from earlier Appleseeds. Pete was hitting then hard with a K98, another shooter cleaned the redcoat with his SKS. It was good to see some military rifle shooters on Sunday.

By the end of the day the combination of the previous day's effort and the wind, which gusted to over 25 MPH started to take their toll. The afternoon redcoat count was (5) 100, (2) 200, (2)300, (1) 400 and 1 shingle splitter.

A big thanks goes out to the Fin, Fur and Feather club for the use of their range. It can be difficult to commit a range prior to hunting season. The FFF has been a long time supporter and we look forward to other AS events there in the future.

Thanks to the shooters who followed the instruction well, it as a very safe shoot. And thanks to those who helped with the target line dismantling and clean up afterwards.

Thanks to the IT corps that made it happen, several who traveled form out of state to get there. It couldn't have happened without you!

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

VietVet

As mentioned above this was a great event. Seems everyone had a good time. Instructors and Shooters joined together and enjoyed learning both Marksmanship and History.
  Saturday morning started out damp and foggy but the energy from all involved brought the Sunshine out before noon. It actually became warm enough to see many start shedding some of the layers of clothing we all thought we were going to need.

The shooters filled the line at this Sold Out event and the Instructors fed off the eagerness displayed by them.
Eager they were. From the first shot fired to the last, they never quit.

Congrats to our 3 Rifleman/Women. The ladies came out strong here. I'll bet Catherine & Patrica's husbands will be seeing their patches for quite some time. Alex came along with his Father, Brother and friends. Also mention already Alex MANY times "Helped" Maclaren (his friend) try to make the score. Some began to think we had a new line command. "Alex you shot my target again". We did allow Maclaren to gain some satisfaction. When Alex shot his 210 we let Maclaren give him the North Bridge Water Baptism.
Alex's Dad informed me that the Rifleman Patch earned by Alex will be worn on his Boy Scout uniform. Wear it proud Alex, you earned it.
  Did I mention that Alex was the youngest of the group he came with?

Hopefully photos will be posted soon. I usually do this but forgot my camera. I know others have photos so stay tuned.

Again, well done ALL. It was a pleasure meeting everyone involved.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

hbennett

Folks, I had a great time.  I am humbled by the dedication and professionalism consistently demonstrated by Appleseed Instructors.
It has been an honor to assist in training such a motivated and enthusiastic group of patriots as those found at Appleseed events.
Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."

hbennett

Here are a few pics.
--

hbennett

and more
--

hbennett

and still more.. sorry that most are from the end of the line where I was working..
--

hbennett

Here's the last of what I have.. All from Saturday Oct. 20, 2012..
--

vernic82

Another great event at FFF in Chaplin!  Thanks to all the shooters and the instructors for making this so!
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

CharlieHotel

"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13