News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim, PA - 2012 Oct 20-21 - IAAR

Started by mal, October 22, 2012, 09:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

It's definitely not summer any more.  It was a chilly 40 or so Saturday morning setting up the line.  The smell of Winterseeds will soon be in the air...  The sun rose and ever-so-slowly began to dry up the previous night's deluge.  Other than the soggy ground, it was a great day for an Appleseed shoot.

With 16 on the line Saturday & 12 Sunday, it was yet again a pleasant mix of familiar & new faces.  On Saturday we had a family of 3 generations on the line; grandma, son with wife & 2 grand kids.  We also had a husband & wife team as well as a couple father & son pairs.

We managed to turn out 3 Riflemen this weekend as well as 2 who joined the ranks of the PA 1st Rifles;
Our first Rifleman of the weekend was Gregg, aka "Double G" aka "Dub" with a hard-earned 212.  This was a journey for Dub as he has been coming to Manheim for over a year on & off thanks to the ROC program.  A Rifleman persists!  Congrats!  Gregg has also stepped up to join the instructor crew.  Thank you!

About 2 years since his prior AS event, our next Rifleman was Clarke who re-qualified with a 212, 225 & a 220 over the afternoon Sunday.  Nice job!

Last, but not least Brian attending his first event scored in at a 214.  Well done!

Return 'seeders Clarke & DR joined the ranks of the Pennsylvania First Rifles by cleaning the Redcoat target.  Congrats guys!

I was also impressed with "Maria the Machine", the grandmother mentioned above who plugged away all weekend, keeping pace with the young-ins on the line & was more often than not ready to go before her grand kids.  That's some hard-chargin'!   

And Alison, tame that worm finger!

Thank you all for coming out & making it worth while for us instructors!

Pics to follow...
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Rifleman Dub scoring 212.  Congrats!
Dub has also accepted the Orange hat.  Thank you for your future efforts.
... though i think we were both confused as to who was taking the pic at that moment...
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Rifleman Clarke with his first of several re-qualifying QDAQTs.  Congrats!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Rifleman Brian scoring 214 at his first Appleseed.  Well done!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

2 more join the Pennsylvania 1st Rifles; Clarke & DR.  Congrats guys!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

More pics of shooters on the line:
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

ClarkeF

Quote from: mal on October 22, 2012, 11:05:36 PM
Rifleman Clarke with his first of several re-qualifying QDAQTs.  Congrats!

Thanks to Mal and Gary who did a great job this past weekend. They had things running smoothly and with a lot of newbies on the line there was steady improvement from the start. Both my son and I showed a marked improvement on Saturday. On Sunday, I seemed to get in the groove and even though I threw out three shots on that second AQT in the transition to sitting, still managed to pull out that 212 by steadying down on the prone.

My son and I both had a great time. I am kicking myself for waiting so long since my last Appleseed in coming back to attend another one. Maybe I will need to go after that Winterseed patch - while I work on my transitions!

You can see my pictures here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3558017044073.119090.1682185250&type=1&l=1802a1999f

Cheers,

Clarke

Dub

Thanks again to Mal and Gary for making my Rifleman journey a memorable one.  This is only the beginning and I look forward to helping out.

Gregg

Roverace

It was an awsome shoot ,congrat's again to our Riflemen.

Mike and Alison we saw great improvement from Sat. to Sun. Harry , Steve, Kirby and D

Your knocking on 210's door. I have to give a cudos to Collin for shooting some 300 rnds out of a 308 internal mag bolti on Sunday well done

Joe, karen, John,Mike and Marie Thanks for comming, it was so nice to see you all on the line together

Hope to see you all at an Appleseed soon

Roverace

WormFinger

We had a great time and learned a lot. Getting those Tech Sights will really help. I really appreciate the time and effort that went into preparing and conducting the workshop - volunteers are so important! I have some good pictures from the event that post when I figure out how. :)

Once this storm clears through and things dry up at our shooting range, I'll be back out to practice and hopefully be ready to earn my patch next time! Is there somewhere I can go to purchase or print out redcoats and the AQT?

Thanks everyone, it was fun - humbling, but fun. Take care!
Alison

mal

Nice forum name :-)  Glad you enjoyed it & even happier you're planning on coming back.  Bring a friend or 10!

QDAQT Targets can be purchased via the Appleseed store:  http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/?p=detail&pid=9&cat_id=
There are some printable targets on the forum somewhere, but i'll be darned if i can find them right now...

Don't forget to practice a few times a week dry-firing with the mini targets we handed out.  It really does help.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams