News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas has a new orange hat

Started by dragit, October 22, 2012, 06:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragit

I would like to welcome Ray (drip drop) to the Appleseed IIT cadre.  I did not get a picture of him but Two Wolves did, please add it if possible.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

scuzzy

Welcome Ray. Hope to run across you on the AS trail someday.

And thanks for stepping up.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

GEmanuel

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

drip drop

Howdy all,

Thanks Dragit, for giving me a shiny new hat!  I'll do what I can to get it broken in properly.

R

Bullet

Congratulations on the hat, and thanks for taking it! Hope to see you around.
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

Two Wolves

Well Tommy, we didn't do an official orange hat picture. However, looking back through my archives I do have this photo from 4 weeks ago. Just picture that blue hat as an orange one and there you have it.

Thanks Ray. ~Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Green Bean

Quote from: Two Wolves on October 23, 2012, 01:25:44 AM
Well Tommy, we didn't do an official orange hat picture. However, looking back through my archives I do have this photo from 4 weeks ago. Just picture that blue hat as an orange one and there you have it.

Thanks Ray. ~Two Wolves

Nice orange hat there Drip Drop.  Did Two Wolves make you trade your old one in? That sure is a big smile on his face. Hope to see you guys soon. 

Reddot

Looking forward to seeing you on the trail!