News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Norman, Oklahoma October 20-21 AAR

Started by Scarecrow, October 22, 2012, 05:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

Norman Oklahoma - October 20-21
AAR open for posting

TomCat

Except for the wind, it was almost perfect weather for a shoot!
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Happiness is a well dressed line. Though sometimes its hard to get there during the seated stage. Instructors...we can't tell how well the line is dressed standing behind the shooters, we have to get up there and take a look so it can be corrected if necessary.

k_riley

Dear Appleseed,
I had a GREAT time this weekend at the Norman, OK event.  I learned a lot.  Met some great folks.  Had some GREAT instructors.  Earned my Expert Rifleman!!!  Loved it.
Kevan Riley

TomCat

We had a punk rock idol on the line...or the shooter was adapting to the low angle of the sun.

TomCat

"Eating dust and sweating  bore solvent" was the order of the day.  A few corrections were made, a few hoarse voices developed, but all said they had fun.  I hardly saw Dan, who RSO'd on the other side of the 100+ ft firing line, except when we would meet occasionally on the overlap rifle.

TomCat

Three "Huzzah's" for our two new Riflemen, and potential Orange hats!     Many thanks to the Tri-City Gun Club of Goldsby (Norman) Oklahoma for hosting us. We hope to see everyone who was there this weekend again at the next shoot!

jdbridgw

Thanks Will, Dan & Tom! I truly appreciate your time and effort!
Had a great time and learned a lot.
Thanks!

Picture is of "Tomcat" telling about the Third Strike.

henschman

It was my pleasure!

What a great sold-out event, with 2 new members of the Rifleman club.  :cool2:  You know, if you can shoot that kind of score, you can teach other people to do it too... it is a good time, I promise! 

Very good organization by the Shoot Boss.  We needed it, with this large of a crowd and only 3 instructors on the line!  Well done Scarecrow. 

I hope to see you all again soon on the firing line.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

andychicken

I'd like to add that I was very impressed with how the event went, considering the huge volume of shooters and relatively-small instructor quantity.  I was at the DFW shoot in January of this year, and there were about three or four students to one instructor...they had it easy by comparison.   ;)

It felt great finally getting the Rifleman patch.  I am interested in teaching- and thanks to Scarecrow, I have some materials to review as to what and how I can get more involved in the program.  I'd really like to be part of this awesome endeavor!   O0
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
~George Washington

Scarecrow

Send me a PM (personal message) here on the forum andychicken and we will get the ball rolling.  ..:..

Quote from: andychicken on October 25, 2012, 11:24:39 PM
I'd like to add that I was very impressed with how the event went, considering the huge volume of shooters and relatively-small instructor quantity.  I was at the DFW shoot in January of this year, and there were about three or four students to one instructor...they had it easy by comparison.   ;)

It felt great finally getting the Rifleman patch.  I am interested in teaching- and thanks to Scarecrow, I have some materials to review as to what and how I can get more involved in the program.  I'd really like to be part of this awesome endeavor!   O0

boom-mug

k_riley

Hi, I'm trying to contact Scarecrow.  I haven't figured this site out.  Kevan Riley here. I shot rifleman at the October Appleseed  in Norman, OK.  I'd like to join Appleseed and help as I can.  I don't see that there are any Appleseeds scheduled in OK.  Do you need help scheduling at TCGC?  I could help there.

Also, you gave us some great distance shooting rules such as for 30 cal 3-3-4 for bullet drop.  What were the other rules?  Other calibers an windage I did not get written down.

Thanks

Kevan Riley
405-694-7441