News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Eureka, CA. October 13-14, 2012

Started by Freeman, October 22, 2012, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeman

Another fantastic weekend with Appleseed in Eureka!

Good people, good weather and great shooting. What more can you ask for?

Our youngest participants, Connor and Aidan really lived up to the example set by Luther Blanchard all those years ago, working hard, learning and really giving the adults a run for their money. If I remember correctly, Aidan actually had the tightest group of anyone on Saturday. Not to be outdone, Connor followed up with his own bugeye group on Sunday. Clearly marksmanship runs in the family and it will not be too long before Connor and Aidan join their dad among the ranks of Riflemen.

Though Cai could only join us on Saturday, he took full advantage of the day, learning quickly and showing off some very good groups. There is no doubt that a Rifleman's patch is in his near future.

No one was more persistant than Bryce who worked tirelessly the entire weekend. I don't know how long he has been shooting a bolt action, but I can say that he became very adept at keeping up with the semiautomatics in the group, a feat unto its own. Bryce's marksmanship grew consistently throughout the weekend, despite a loose sight at one point. I see a Rifleman's patch and perhaps an orange hat for him at the next Appleseed.

Ryan joined us on Sunday, bringing quite a bit of skill with him. With a couple Appleseed tweaks to his shooting, he was knocking at the door to a 210 score shortly after lunch. His final score of 208 was a heartbreaker, but definitely an enticement to come back next time and get his patch.

Thank you all for an incredible weekend. I truly enjoying spending my time at the Eureka Appleseeds.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

Freeman

If anyone has pictures, but no place to host them, I can host them for you. Send me a PM.
Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.

Aardwolf

As always had a lot of fun and so did the kids. It's a pretty long day for them, though. A little bummed I failed to requalify on a center fire rifle, a 200 and a 202.  :P