News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wabash, Indiana, October 20-21, 2012

Started by Rimshot, October 21, 2012, 11:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimshot

It was a small group this weekend, but a good one.  Cold and breezy on Saturday, frost on the ground Sunday morning, but a beautiful day by Sunday afternoon.  We worked hard on the small targets most of the weekend, then had a chance to cut loose and shoot at full distance on Sunday!  My pics follow, but I know there's more pics and video out there.  Feel free to share here!

FireAxes instructs Saturday morning.

The color sensors in my camera had a nervous breakdown taking this picture.  The rifle is purple, the shirt is pink, and the grass is greener than it looks.

Purple stripes notwithstanding, the girl can shoot and knows her stuff.

Chris gets some one on one pointers on his sling.

Derrick fine tunes his seated position.

Sunday redcoats in the fog and frost.  If you zoom in and look close, there's a silhouette hiding in the mist 300 yards off the firing line.

Reylee goes through ball and dummy.

Sunday sun brought fantastic shooting conditions.

The KD firing line prepares for the standing stage.

I try all the time to catch brass in the air and get smoke shots when I have a nice camera and fail.  As soon as I use my low power camera phone to snap a photo of Chey and Reylee, I catch Reylee at the moment of firing.

Just to spite me, my phone grabs another smoke shot on the next photo too.  Not sure who made this smoke, as most shooters were using surplus ammo that proved the term "smokeless powder" is relative.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

FireAxes

Pictures? I might have a few.

Redcoats

Had a few visitors stop and check us out.

LibertyWriterHH

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this....but the local instructors who have been IIT ing these last few appleseeds in wabash wanted me to post this, for some reason I have limited access to this site now, this is the only place I can seem to place this.

I brought the Appleseed project here since 2007...we have had MANY of fine appleseeds here...i cannot regularly attend the appleseeds because of work commitment,,, I recruited 3 others to take my place.Last year...myself and several others left in disgust over the way the new shoot boss was running things....very little time to shoot for people who signed up..huge chip on his shoulder...half of sunday was to watch himself and his wife zeroing his dpms at 200 yards while we just all sit around. with ZERO people qualified as riflemen...moved the gong target out to 200 yard and had everyone shoot it at once..I was handed a spotting scope and told to "spot" for 14 people firing at the same target....

from what i heard from the iits this time was more of the same...calls have been made up the "chain of command" by daniel, but as I understand,, was ignored...now all the iits have quit because of this...henceforth there will be no more appleseeds hosted at the wabash range,,,,what a tragity..

once again, sorry for the "gruff" post, but as fred knows I'm a straight forward kind of guy.
I wish it didnt have to come to this...but atlas..it has...

yellowhousejake

Quote from: LibertyWriterHH on October 29, 2012, 06:14:15 PM
.calls have been made up the "chain of command" by daniel, but as I understand,, was ignored...now all the iits have quit because of this...henceforth there will be no more appleseeds hosted at the wabash range,,,,what a tragity..

Hard to believe since I am the State Coordinator, have worked at Wabash, know Daniel, and have heard nothing of this. I am reachable as Daniel and Fred both have my phone number and anyone, anyone, can email in@appleseedinfo.org and reach me.

My phone has not rung and my email box is empty.

How can that be, I am the first link in the chain of command.

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

FireAxes

Quote from: LibertyWriterHH on October 29, 2012, 06:14:15 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this....but the local instructors who have been IIT ing these last few appleseeds in wabash wanted me to post this, for some reason I have limited access to this site now, this is the only place I can seem to place this.

I brought the Appleseed project here since 2007...we have had MANY of fine appleseeds here...i cannot regularly attend the appleseeds because of work commitment,,, I recruited 3 others to take my place.Last year...myself and several others left in disgust over the way the new shoot boss was running things....very little time to shoot for people who signed up..huge chip on his shoulder...half of sunday was to watch himself and his wife zeroing his dpms at 200 yards while we just all sit around. with ZERO people qualified as riflemen...moved the gong target out to 200 yard and had everyone shoot it at once..I was handed a spotting scope and told to "spot" for 14 people firing at the same target....

from what i heard from the iits this time was more of the same...calls have been made up the "chain of command" by daniel, but as I understand,, was ignored...now all the iits have quit because of this...henceforth there will be no more appleseeds hosted at the wabash range,,,,what a tragity..

once again, sorry for the "gruff" post, but as fred knows I'm a straight forward kind of guy.
I wish it didnt have to come to this...but atlas..it has...

Having been to both events in Wabash this year, I would love to know where these 2? extra IIT's came from. You mention Daniel, who are the other ones? There was one IIT in April, I know he is not local. Then there was me this time. So I can't see how how these people quit when they were not there.

I work with one of the attendees, another was my child, and one was a first timer (who is excited to do another Appleseed).

This and the last Appleseed were nothing like what you describe happening before. I've been to plenty of Appleseed's as both a shooter and IIT, with several different shoot bosses.

I'm just looking for some clarification. 

AuntieBellum

Appleseed is always sad to lose a range partner.  Having been a Shoot Boss at Wabash once myself (last October), I've seen the range and know this is a great place to work together for the causes of Liberty and Freedom.  I'd welcome a discussion in person or via phone to help right any perceived issues and to discuss the process to bring any IITs who aren't current up-to-date, as that seems to be the problem with your account, LW.  To make sure Appleseed can continue to deliver excellent instruction, we encourage continued learning for all levels of instructors and require that instructors work at least four events each year to maintain that quality.  I can make myself available for either your Nov 5 or Dec 3 meeting, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Amy Pfaff, Assist. State Coordinator for Northern Indiana
Cell: 608.469.5190

P.S. I heard great things about this shoot. Congratulations to all of the shooters on your hard work, and I look forward to seeing you all on the line again soon. Please check the full Appleseed schedule, as we'd love to have you back - at Wabash or any of the other 20+ locations we offer in the state.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot