News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Racine Wi, October 20-21 2012 AAR

Started by Trig, October 21, 2012, 12:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

24 of our countries finest Americans assembled peacefully with nothing more than the land owners permission, on a Racine's green. We exercised several of our rights that were secured by the decisions and sacrifices of our fathers before us.  I hope after today we can all work a little hard to acknowledge that sacrifice, and honor them by working to keep those rights.

Thank you to everyone who came out and braved the cold!
Congrats to Wisconsin's newest rifleman; David and Andrew (day 1),  Rich and Mike (day 2),  with several more in the 200's. remember persistence!!

Day 2 was a glorious day filled with aqt's and even a KD opportunity!! 

Congrats to BrettA on his RED HAT and KD Patch all in the same beautiful day!!
Also congrats to our newest ORANGE HATS: Ralph (beck), Rich (trig? DrRichP), and Andrew (aBinz)).

Firing line 2 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Father and son by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Learning from the Hats by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Partner drills by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Prone pointers by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

More pics coming soon!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

BrettA

Had a great day! Can't wait for tomorrow!  :---

Zafo

A great sunny October day living our Heritage.  I'm excited for tomorrow!
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."   Henry David Thoreau

Zafo

Here's my first ever cleared Red Coat.  I had a great time at the shoot.  Thank you to all the Appleseed Instructors and Participants.  I'm looking forward to another one.
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."   Henry David Thoreau

MissHardCoreHeidi

Heard this was a GREAT shoot this weekend. I wish i could have come! Congrats on the great accomplishments!!! Congrats to BrettA for the KD patch and Red Hat. Also congrats to the 4 new riflemen!!! Great to hear 3 New orange hats added to the group.

triggernick Make sure to remind my dad about the M1 Grand for Christmas. Hope to see you soon!

AFTERMATH

Nice shootin' zafo!

Congratulations Brett!  On both the KD and the RH to go with it!

24 shooters - 4 new Riflemen - 3 new OH's!

Way to go triggernick & Co.!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Taylor

Congratulations everyone and thanks for stepping up new IITs.  O0 :bow:
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

DrRichP

Hello triggernick! Had a great weekend and I look forward to contributing to Appleseed as an orange hat. And while I appreciate the compliment on remembering my trigonometry, I'll just stich to DrRichP.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Trig

Hey there Heidi, we were sorry to be without you this weekend!!  Thanks for sending you dad to help us out!  Rich, welcome to the forums!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Gunner

Hey TriggerNick and all the rest of you that I met at the shoot .....just a quick note to say that I had a great time and I look forward to also participating as an orange hat instructor in training.......love shooting and now being part of promoting our :history, liberty, and our rights. Thanks to all AP volunteer instructors who give so much time and dedication.

Beckradar (Beck) - Love to shoot

Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!

TheSig

Had a fantastic time on Saturday! I wish I could have made it on Sunday.

Looking forward to the next Appleseed!

Trig

Welcome to the forums Beck and Sig! thanks for dropping by, hope do see ya on the trail!

Beck, aBinz, and Dr.RichP  Thank you guys for stepping up and helping us steer the USS-America back on course one appleseed at a time!

aBinz even RSOd a bit on sunday when over half our instructors left to work on KD with centerfire shooters, WAY TO JUMP IN!    ~~:)
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Trig

Quote from: MissHardCoreHeidi on October 21, 2012, 09:54:13 PM

triggernick Make sure to remind my dad about the M1 Grand for Christmas. Hope to see you soon!

I heard you wanted a pink AR too, you have a big decision to make....or maybe Santa gets to make that...  :cool2:
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Janir

Moar pics!! including our new Rifleman!

Group pic from Saturday

Look at that line!

Finding your NPOA

Our youngest shooter

Congrats Rifleman David!

...and Rifleman Andrew!

...and Rifleman Rich!

We also had 2 people step up
Thank you for stepping up to our newest orange hats Ralph (pictured) and Rich (pictured above)

And Congrats to our newest Red Hat Brett!
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/318922_386606484749642_829978158_n.jpg

Great weekend. Glad to see all of you come on out for the shoot!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

petty43

My son, Alex, and I had a great weekend - thanks to all the wonderful instructors and fellow shooters! Alex said he can't wait to go to sign up for another class - we are now both determined to earn our rifleman patches. An instructor told me about the class a few moths ago and said it would be a great experience - he couldn't have been more correct.
So thanks again Triggernick and all the other instructors - we'll bring some folks with us next time!

And congrats to the new riflemen!

Trig

Great to hear!! Alex was quite a trooper, I couldnt belive his determination to keep at it all weekend long!  with persistance like that, you will have patches soon enough!  Dont foreget to dryfire and go over those steady hold factors/6steps!
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Gunner

Love the pics and comments from the group.....congrats to new Riflemen!

Feeling my age today.......have some sore spots.....but all is good when we can shoot.
Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!

dragonfly

WOW, well done everyone  O0 O0. Looks like good times was had by all, nice group.

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

RustyRed

Looks like you all had a GREAT time!! way to go to all our new riflemen! and welcome to Ralph hope to see you on the trail!!!!!

BrettA

Great weekend everyone. Thanks to the shooters for coming out. Thanks instructors for another safe and fun shoot. I'll see you all out on the trail.  :---

Gummer

This was my 2nd Appleseed and I had a blast. Trying to score Rifleman with irons. Got a 185 on Sunday so I am on my way. Thanks to Triggernick for running a great shoot. Look forward to next year.

-Gummer

Trig

Glad to see you again Gummer!  Stick to it, work on those steady hold factors and those 6 steps!  Lots of dry fire!!  Hope to see ya next year!
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Trig

FINALLY got a hat do DrRichP!  we ran out of orange hats at this shoot, but i was able to meet up with him at the deer sight in for RCLRC and get him his ORANGE HAT!  Thanks again for stepping up, sorry for the late delivery of the hat!

DrRichP takes a hat! by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11