News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Deal and Steal: Greek HXP M2 ammo

Started by pite0007, October 18, 2012, 02:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pite0007

$115 per 200 rounds in a can from Orion 7 (link below).  Shipping is $15 E of the Mississippi, $25 W of it.  Not a great price, but not bad either all things considered.  The CMP has this stuff cheaper, but also has a 30-60 day wait.

http://www.m1garand.com/m1-garand/ammunition/

AFTERMATH

Thanks for the tip!  Who couldn't use more ammo?

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Unbridled Liberty

CMP ammo is gone for individuals.  Only club purchases on ammo are being taken.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Edheler on October 18, 2012, 09:30:49 PM
Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on October 18, 2012, 09:14:58 PM

It's still listed in their e-store at $98 per 200 rounds: http://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=product&ID=4C3006X000-200P&item=&sfv=&cat=AMC&desc=&udc=&mct=&vndr=&ba=&pmin=&pmax=&note1=&note2=&note3=&note4=&note5=&max=

It won't let me order any.  Have you tried to buy any?  Try it and let us know. 

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Edheler

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on October 18, 2012, 10:17:03 PM
It won't let me order any.  Have you tried to buy any?  Try it and let us know. 

I have not tried, I will be in Gibsonburg at the end of the month. I can see what they say in person. If I can buy it at $98/200 + tax do you want any? You could always come up to Miamisburg on November 3-4 and pick it up. That should be my first actual shoot as Shoot Boss. :)

Unbridled Liberty

I'd like 4 cans if you can get them, but I can't get to Miamisburg that weekend.  Maybe we can work something out.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

mtmisfit

UL

Just placed an order for 2 cans. You need to accept their terms before you can place an order. $196 + $23.90 s&h.
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: mtmisfit on October 19, 2012, 12:15:02 AM

UL

Just placed an order for 2 cans. You need to accept their terms before you can place an order. $196 + $23.90 s&h.

Yep, did that.  Still get the message that it's a club purchase only.  I've bought from them in the past just fine.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

pite0007

From my experience, Orion 7 was great to do business with.  Fast e-mail response, friendly service on the phone.  And they only charged me the actual shipping cost, which was $18 - saved me $7 from their quoted website price.  If that isn't customer service, I don't know what is.

dronning

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on October 19, 2012, 08:03:06 AM

Yep, did that.  Still get the message that it's a club purchase only.  I've bought from them in the past just fine.

UL

Your proof of membership in an affiliated/approved club (RWVA, or other) has most likely expired.  I just bought ammo from the CMP as well with no problems.

Dave

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: dronning on October 19, 2012, 11:58:36 AM
Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on October 19, 2012, 08:03:06 AM

UL

Your proof of membership in an affiliated/approved club (RWVA, or other) has most likely expired.  I just bought ammo from the CMP as well with no problems.

Dave

Dave,

Good thinking and I believe you may be correct.  I emailed them last night and Cathie wrote back today and said she needed updated proof of a CMP club membership.  Just emailed her a copy of my current RWVA membership card.  I hope that's all it is.  Put a scare in me though, so I'm going to stock up with as much as I can afford as soon as she clears me.  Thanks.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave