News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Fredericksburg, TX Ladyseed Oct 6-7, 2012

Started by dragit, October 08, 2012, 04:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragit

It is always a pleasure to work with women due to their openness to learning something different even if they are involved in other shooting disciplines.  This event did not disappoint.  I talked with several women in regard to the instructor's friendliness.  Other shooting events they had attended apparently were not as women friendly.  The women I talked with asked me about it and I let them know that passing on the skills and heritage our founding fathers passed on to us was what we were about.  Men, women and children are all welcome and this was common throughout Appleseed regardless of state.

I would like to thank all the women that attended and hope you received more than you expected for the weekend.  Nothing makes me happier than seeing people leave with a sense of accomplishment and confidence in having improved their skills and getting an idea of where we as a nation came from. 

Rachel did a great job instructing on Saturday.  Thanks to Two Wolves, Twinkle Toes, zonkertx, El Tejano and Gypsy for helping out.

Hope to see you all again.

T
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Two Wolves

Move over boys,  ~~:)  there's a new sheriff in town  @&)  and HER name is BULLET.

This was our second Lady seed in Fredericksburg, and we were blessed to have Rachel  (Bullet) as our female instructor. Let me tell you, she did an excellent job.  O0 Thank you Rachel.

Also, a big thank you to all the ladies for coming to Fredericksburg.  :bow:  Many drove 2-3 or 4 hours one way to attend. It was a pleasure to meet all of you. The weather was a bit unpleasant  :-\  at times but we persevered. Tommy, Everret, Jerry, Mark and Toyna--great job.

We had lots of AR's on the line this weekend and the front site adjustment tools from KNS Precision came in handy.

www.knsprecisioninc.com/

We're just two weeks from our next shoot,  ^:)^  see you there. Two Wolves 

:pics:

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop:

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop:

Bullet

What a fun group of ladies! I hope to see you all at future Appleseeds.

Thank you for the kind words Two Wolves...I had such a great time and am so glad I was able to be there.

I always learn so much from all the instructors I've had the pleasure of meeting and this shoot was no exception - y'all are a fantastic crew! There were a couple instructors at this shoot who were present when I received my Rifleman patch....so cool. It's an honor to get to instruct alongside the people who taught me. Special thanks to dragit for letting me do a lot of instructing and helping me out as I push on towards the red hat....
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

Two Wolves

:cool2: