News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ossian, IN, Oct 6-7, 2012 AAR

Started by AuntieBellum, October 08, 2012, 01:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Ding.

"HIT!."

Ding.

"HIT!"

Ding, ding, ding, kaboom, ding, kaboom.

"Yep, I think they've got it."

The instant feedback of the steel is AWESOME!  Proof that everything these Americans came to learn during one chilly weekend works, and not just at 25 yds.  There shouldn't have been any doubt after looking at their targets, though.  Even with cold fingers (Sunday didn't even hit the 50 degree mark!) and cool breezes, these Patriots pulled together a jumble of NPOA, SHFs, and IMC to tackle the AQT.  One new rifleman - congratulations, Chris! - and one confirmed - way to go, Richard! - along with plenty of marksmen and sharpshooters.  Gerry rocked that bolt-action all weekend, Thomas and Andy and Heidi showed that family spirit and came to learn together, and Ryan and Phil were both great students who showed consistent improvement all weekend.  I was glad to be talked into one final AQT after the steel, as I saw some scores skyrocket as we raced Mother Nature to finish before sunset.

A HUGE thank you to Ossian Conservation Club.  The facilities are fantastic (especially the warm clubhouse for the night!!!), and the lunches were amazing.  I am still dreaming of ding dong cake.  I might just need to get that recipe from you, Rose.  Thank you to all the club members for your support, thank you Rich for being with us all weekend, and we look forward to coming back next month.  November 3-4.  Bring your friends.  Thank you all for coming this weekend, pass those bookmarks around to your friends and family, and we'll see you again soon.

Pictures coming soon!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Stubborn Yankee

I am always impressed by what great people you meet at the range.  All could have been warm and comfortable in front of a TV but instead decided to come out in the cool breeze and improve their marksmanship!  This was the first time I have been at this range and I loved it!  My thanks also to all of the club members.

As usual the steel was a lot of fun and the sound of centerfires always make me happy!

Bryant

What an awesome range for Appleseed!  :---   
The hosts were very welcoming to us shooters & that ding-dong cake is evil good. >:D
Many thanks to SB AuntieBellum, and Orange Hats Stubborn Yankee & Sentinel.     Ya'll did a fine job once again.  It was fun ringing the steel at KD on Sunday, confirming all you'd taught us.  ^:)^

I was part of a great group of shooters including a few INGO'ers as well.  It was geat to see the improvement we all made through the day and into Sunday, but what inspired me the most was something you SB's and Orange hats probably see alot of and fuels your perseverance.
His name was Gerry, & he was the shooter next to me, a fella who had bowhunted and been in the woods, but never had the chance to pick up or shoot a rifle his whole life.  He's a lefty but showed up with a right handed bolt action 22 with a 4x15 tasco scope he borrowed the day before.  After alot of frustration and severe technical problems (his objective lens fell off on Sunday morning just as we confirmed zero and were getting ready for AQT's) he got back on target and by Sunday afternoon was scoring close to double where he started and just short of the needed score.  Watching him run that bolt while standing & still slung up was pretty cool and inspiring.  With some practice and another Appleseed or 2 under his belt I know he and the other shooters who were so close will earn their patch.  O0

I'll be there again in 4 weeks.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

AuntieBellum

Pics, pics - time for pics!!!

Our shooters for the weekend.

Thomas.

Ryan.

Richard

Phil

Gerry

AuntieBellum

Chris.

Andy.

A little IMC.

Time for 100 yds!

Kaboom!

AuntieBellum

Even our instructors got some trigger time.

Richard scored Rifleman again!

And Chris scored Rifleman his first time out!

Thank you all for coming!