News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dublin, Georgia AS Oct. 6-7

Started by DrJohn, October 08, 2012, 12:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJohn

The weather could not have been more ideal for an Appleseed event than what we had at Dublin, Georgia last weekend. As usual, Matt Walker and Middle Georgia Gun Owners Twin Oak Range extended every consideration to us, and it was a great convenience to have the spacious clubhouse-kitchen at our disposal. We were graced with a particularly fine group of students. Kiley and Treyce, your enthusiasm and persistence were an inspiration. Chris M., your precision and receptivity to instruction were a pleasure. Chris C., your foundations are very strong and I expect you will be getting a very special patch rather soon. Marcus, you came in with an excellent foundation, but most remarkable was your quiet professionalism and willingness to learn new skills. Greg and Bethany, I think it is outstanding that you chose to spend only the second weekend since your wedding at an Appleseed event. What a pleasure you both are to work with. Dick, your mental toughness and persistence are phenomenal. Keep up the dry firing and come back soon! Chris and Joan, your love for and pleasure in being in each other's company is inspiring. And Chris, in spite of your being a fine shooter already, if you don't watch out, your wife will surpass you before long! Robby, it was so nice to have you back, and I hope you give consideration to sharing your considerable talent with new students by taking an instructor's hat yourself. Matt, I wish all our students were as open to instruction and dedicated to improving as you are. Keep up the good work! And we in Appleseed look forward to a long and productive association with MGGOA.

I won't review all we learned last weekend, but I will encourage all of you to hone your skills and cultivate virtue by dry firing on a regular basis. And most importantly, work the Seventh Step as enthusiastically as you possibly can, by carrying the message of Liberty far and wide. Huzza!!!

"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

Carrigan222

This was my first event and was absolutely blown away ! The willingness of the instructors to teach each student on a one on one basis was outstanding.  I never would have thought it possible from one weekend to learn so much, marksmanship AND history.  I am looking forward to going to another event soon.  A big thanks to everyone that helped with the Dublin event !
" There ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a 30-06" Jeff Cooper

Fountainhead

The shoot Saturday was wonderful; great weather and excellent shooters who were very receptive to instructions.  As my first Appleseed as an orange hat, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience from a different perspective!  My only regret is that school got in the way and prevented me from attending Sunday as well!

brianf31

What a great bunch of enthusiastic shooters! Safe, attentive and eager to learn and apply new skills. As usual, Twin Oaks Gun Range was a wonderful host.
"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

Guardian

To Dr. John, Morpheus, Mechanic, and the other instructors; thank you all for your time, advice, attention to the kids, encouragement, and support. Each of you contributed to my successful quest for a patch this weekend.

To the participants; it was nice to meet each of you and I appreciate the reminder of how great we humans can be. I saw a lot of support, openness, and teamwork that is all to rare among strangers these days. I hope to see each of you at future events.

Congrats to Fabricator on achieving a patch and an Orange Hat! Good job Sunday afternoon running the line. Your commands were clear and it was easy to hear you. Good luck with your quest for a Red Hat.

This was my first Appleseed event. It will not be my last.

I was very nervous prior to the event regarding my own experience with the event, but more so about the experience for my niece and nephew. I had never attended a public shooting event, choosing to avoid them for what I consider to be excessive rules, based on reading their rule books and procedures. I love to shoot, always have, but I remember the Marine Corps taking a lot of the fun out of it. What I absolutely did not want to happen was to ruin the positive attitudes my niece and nephew have towards shooting because the fun was removed from the experience. I did want them to learn the fundamentals that I had been taught in the Corps before they picked up some bad habits through lack of instruction. I also wanted them to see that the fundamentals work, it isn't just my idea of what's right. I liked the general message of Appleseed as stated on their website and wanted the opportunity to meet people involved with the organization to form a sound opinion.

All of my goals for the first Appleseed were achieved. The kids had a GREAT time. I'm convinced Kiley would still be shooting if she could. I was amazed at her dedication to it! She and Treyce had tremendous improvement throughout the weekend and I was proud of their commitment to learning and continuing. Both are ready for the next event.

What a pleasure to meet wonderful people! Everyone involved added something to the experience, and it was all positive.

Thanks to the founders of the organization for your willingness to pursue this mission. I have been telling everyone that would listen this week about the experience, and I hope to drag some of them with me to the next event I attend.

Red Niva, thanks for showing us what it means to "Shoot like a girl...if you can." Wow!

I am looking forward to the next event!
Marcus