News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

/\/\/\ Hudson Falls NY October 6/7, 2012

Started by R1SGx2, October 08, 2012, 09:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

What a nice weekend to visit Hudson Falls New York, all the colors in the leaves, the crisp smell of autumn in the wind. Great weekend; thank you Hudson Falls Fish and Game Club for allowing us to use your facilities and range. Very nice Club House. This area is very rich with Revolutionary War History. General John Burgoyne and his Troops past just down the road on the way to Albany that was stopped in Saratoga. Many streets here marked with names of the era like Gates Avenue (General Horatio Gates) and Burgoyne Avenue.  O0 O0 :bow: :bow:

This shoot brought 3 families to the line. Great thing to happen, family on the line; there are so many great things to talk about from this weekend.  ..:..

Susan and Todd, on Saturday, they came together, remember them from a recent Gun Show stopping at our table in Saratoga. Susan from the start shooting nice groups, and Todd with a soft ball size group, a little coaching, some instruction, equipment fixes,  :wb: :wb: and Todd rebounded nicely. Both were well on the way to becoming rifleman. Sorry that due to work commitments they could only be with us one day. That being said, they promised they would be back.  :~

Derrick, right from the start showed he is a serious man, from instruction to the mat listened intently and allied all. A few times signs of being frustrated with himself, but proved he could do it and that he did. :---

Sean, a return Rifleman from Saratoga a few weeks ago came here to continue his journey. A serviceman soon to be return to Washington State after 8 years of service - Thank you Sean,,,, Washington State, keep an eye out for this Man, he very much knows what he is about and would be a welcome to your Instructor Corps. Sean did shoot Rifleman here and did it with ease. Nice work. :~

Keith showed up Sunday with a Smile and a handshake. Then set to work. All business, it was man against target, Keith too is a return rifleman; he set his skills to work and came up Rifleman. Nicely done. :---

Promoted from Cook to Rifleman was Derrick with the scores of  217 :~ :---

Return Rifleman continuing their journey: :~ :--- :~ :---
Keith shooting  224 and backing it up with 218
Sean with 213 and backing it up with 212, 239, 219, 220, 214, 235, 235, 216 upside down and finally a 225
The one target we hung upside down to break Seans string of rifleman scores and he scored a 216

Nice work by all.

And thank you to our Instructors for the hard work this weekend, LittleMo, The Mrs. and NYRASGT, Good Job. O0 O0

Mission complete.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

The Mrs.

Such a wonderful shoot.  Thank you Hudson Falls Fish and Game for sharing your facilities with us.  Our shooters made such great progress.  My hats off to you.

Thank you to Stick Mark, MADMark and Gary for your time and sharing of your knowledge.  Our shooters gained so much from your time and effort.
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

sgtrock

Nice work guys
Its gotta be hard to be indoors when the weather is so nice this time of year in New England,,, well of course until the storms roll thru, but then again wait 5 mins and it will change,,,, 

Josey Wales

..Team Northeast working hard for the cause as usuall.  Helping to keep the touch of Liberty lit..  ..Thanks for all you do..  Great Job by all the shooters, hope to see you on the trail.  Step up and get involved!! Remember, If not you, than who?  If not now, than when? 

.......Strength & Honor..............JW...............................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

thederrick106

I would just like to take a second to thank our instructors for the weekend.  They were wonderful, amazing and safe.  I can't thank them enough for the great instruction and experience.  I already signed up for the Sunday in Lake George and hope to see lots of shooters there.  I am looking forward to honing my skills, becoming more consistent, and bettering my average score.  I also wouldn't mind earning another patch ;D I used a scope my first go-round... I hope to show up with some tech-sights for my second shoot.
Appleseed is an amazing program and I look forward to becoming a better shooter because of it.
While I traditionally practice in a more "tactical" setting with shotgun + handgun, moving, shooting and transitioning along with mag changes it is nice to get some formal marksmanship training!  Learning about NPOA+breathing+trigger control will certainly help me in all aspects of shooting including hunting!
Another thanks to the instructors!!!

R1SGx2

Derrick,

Looking forward to seeing you in Lake George,

Spread the word at work, you adopted very well to the rifle bubble.

See you soon, Rotterdam this weekend.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."