News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester, TN (October 6-7, 2012)

Started by Oleg Volk, October 07, 2012, 11:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oleg Volk

Maximum Ordinate

Good morning! 

My son Jacob and I had a great time.  Thank you to the Claude, the Red & Orange hats who put so much work into it.  These guys aren't just instructors, but they are a great leadership team who make learning fun.

Next month at Manchester is full, but we'll be back next year.  Jacob is still chasing his patch and we'll make sure he gets lots of practice between now and then! 

-Rusty    :---

P.S.  Hope that Bonnie Blue can add her pics to this thread!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TN_Dadx5

Oleg, you need to take an Orange hat!  You got the AAR started before I could get home!

I don't know what happened this weekend.  The stars were aligned just right or the TN Instructor crew had our mojo really going, but something really, really great happened the weekend of Oct 6 & 7, 2012.  We were truly blessed to have our shoot sold out months ahead of time and with people from really far away.  In addition to mid-TN locals we had people from east TN, GA, AL and even IL!  We had families, two military aviator buddies O0 , more families, co-workers, more families, church members, and, I think, more families.  And these folks came to learn and shoot!

And these folks weren't messing around, we only had time for one or two AQTs on Saturday but we had three Rifleman scores the first day!   ^:)^  Everyone, except one family, returned Sunday morning and they hadn't forgotten what they had learned Saturday.  After a quick review of the safety rules, 6 steps and steady hold factors, we got down to the AQT grind.  Rifleman scores were popping up all day.  We had two instructors scoring AQTs almost non-stop.  I know, I didn't even have time for lunch.  If it wasn't for one of the moms who brought enough chili to share with the whole crew, I would have starved (not that it would have been a bad thing).  Thanks, Mrs. Johnson!

We ended the day adding 9 more Riflemen (and Lady Riflemen) for a total of 12 out of 29 students! 
^:)^ ^:)^

All but one scored more than one Rifleman score.  Blair shot multiple RM scores using two different rifles and scored a 209 with a third.  We didn't score her last AQT with the third rifle, so she might have qualified with three different rifles.  This was an exceptional crew, and I was humbled to work with them.

We had many more folk who were right at the door, shooting 190's and low 200's.  I know that they'll achieve that 210 sometime soon.  Just remember and practice the steady hold factors, 6 Steps and trust your NPOA, and we'll see your smiling face in another AAR here soon!

Well, I have a lot of pictures, so I better get posting!

Here's the whole crew (minus three).  Sorry, we didn't get a group picture Saturday.

Ready for Appleseed!

Instruction Begins

BonnieBlue demo's Sitting SHF

Scott works his old Mossberg Trainer Rifle

Always ready with a smile!

The Whole Line!

Time For the Students to Do IMC

History Al Fresco

Happy Instructors!

Shoot Boss Helping Out With Slings

And Now Onto Our Riflemen!

Rifleman Sergio

Rifleman Jonathan

Rifleman Lawrence

Riflemen Scott & Scott
(Scott on the left "piloted" helicopters in the Navy and Scott on the right "flew" helicopters in the Army)
GO AIRCAV!

Rifleman Daniel

Rifleman Lance

Lady Rifleman Blair

Rifleman Lyndon

Rifleman Glenn

Lady Rifleman Sarah

Lady Rifleman Melissa

Our Persistence Award Winners!

And Our Resident IIT Finally Gets His Red Hat!  Huzzah! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

The Group Shot of Our Riflemen (Minus Sergio)
Congrats To You All!
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

4merUSMC1803

Congrats to all the new Riflemen (and Riflewomen) at Manchester!  A special note of  congratulations for Glenn, Sarah, & Melissa (Father & daughters)  I just know Pam is bursting with pride, as well--I knew all of you had the "Heart" of a Rifleman back when we met in early September!  You persisted and attained that goal last weekend.  Huzzah!  Huzzah! Huzzah! Great job...This former Marine is so proud of all three of you, as well as the Manchester instructor crew for helping you get there.  Hope to see you all on the line next time I return to TN. 
D Lawley

Ramblin' Wreck

It was a special weekend. I was Line Boss on Sunday afternoon for the AQT grind and it seemed like every few minutes TnColonel would appear with a big grin holding another qualifying target. As mentioned earlier, several shooters shot 3 or more qualifying rounds even with different rifles. Congratulations to all the newly minted Riflemen and women. You folks would make great instructors.  :) Also, thanks to my fellow instructors TnColonel, Tn_Dadx5, Tellico, BonnieBlue, Slyder, and Doyle for guaranteeing such a great outcome.

See you on the line again soon.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Maximum Ordinate

Hey Shawn... I didn't want to be the one to post the news about your hat.

Congrats!    O0
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

AirCav

Thank you to the whole team, You all are great instructors and historians... I will be attending another one with some of my boys that is for sure!

number6

You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Linoge

If the PtB like that, I can send you all one without the silly little (C) in the lower-right - I put it there due to some issues we gunbloggers have been having with some folks... ahem... "appropriating" our pictures :)

I am working on a more-comprehensive AAR that should be up sometime this weekend.  I hope. 

This is a little late, but thanks again to all the instructors who made this an outstanding Appleseed! 

SteelThunder

Linoge -- glad to see you at an AS and on the forum.  I've been following you for some time.  Appreciate your efforts to support Appleseed!

Steel
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al