News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bristol WI, October 6-7 2012 AAR

Started by Trig, October 06, 2012, 09:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

What a glorious day! 27 AMERICANS and 4 instructors (also Americans...) assembled peacefully with, nothing more than the land owners permission, on a Bristols green. We exercised several of our rights that were secured by the decisions and sacrifices of our fathers before us.  I hope after today we can all work a little hard to acknowledge that sacrifice, and honor them by working to keep those rights.

Thank you to everyone who came out and braved the cold!
Congrats to Wisconsin's newest rifleman; Billy, Sergi and Peter!

Group photo by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Firing line by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Group 1 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Bay 2 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Bay 3 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Bay 4 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Untitled by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Bay 6 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Bay 7 by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Posterity! by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Rifleman Billy by nlcarlisle005, on Flickr

Day 2 pics coming soon
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

navdan3

Thanks again for volunteering your time this weekend...what you're doing is important.

I've already got my mental list of people I plan to bring in the future when I'm settled in one place for more than 6 weeks at a time!

BrettA

WOW! What a great weekend. This was one of the best groups I have worked with! Everyone was attentive and open to instruction. Also the first question I got on Sunday was, "Will there be anymore history talks today? I really liked them."   O0   Thanks to the Instructors. It was great working with you. And congrats to our Riflemen this weekend. Great shooting.

BrettA

Trig

Welcome to the forums NavDan!  I hope you enjoyed the weekend and maybe even learned something!

Hope to see you on the trail!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Janir

:pics:

So here are some Day 2 pics!

Sergey's Rifleman pic!

Peter's rfileman pic!

Some shots of the line

And Lauren with a civil war era muzzle loader!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Trig

BIG thanks to the guys out on the Black powder range for letting us take a shot with the muzzle loaders!
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Janir

It was a great weekend! The October weather started to creep in but you all stuck it out and really showed that  participating on our American Heritage sometimes means some sacrifice of our comfort so we can honor those that sacrificed their lives and loved ones to give us the comforts and freedoms we enjoy today! Thank you all! 
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Janir

One more pic. This is what its all about

Trisha

This looks a great Appleseed! Congrats to the new Riflemen!!

Like us on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed and follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/WIAppleSeed

Trig

twitter, huh?  man im getting old...
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Trisha

Quote from: triggernick on October 09, 2012, 02:58:38 PM
twitter, huh?  man im getting old...

EricTheRed set it up for us last month...and you're not old because if you are, that means I am too and I am not liking that thought.  ;D

Trig

NOTHING like that liberty flag flying high!

whose ready for RACINE WI in 10 days?!?!?   

A little KD perhaps?
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Zafo

Thank you all, I had a great time at the shoot.
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."   Henry David Thoreau

Trig

Thanks for joining the forums, hope to see you around! 
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11