News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coxsackie, NY - September 29 & 30, 2012

Started by Another D.O.M., October 01, 2012, 10:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

Our first ever Appleseed at the Coxsackie Sportsmen's Club was a great success.

We had 12 total students, a nice mix of folks from every skill level, families, and a wide range of ages.  All showed great improvement in their skills, all went home smiling, and all vowed to return to another Appleseed soon.  Our Sunday-only attendee drove two hours from northern NJ to attend.

The weather was a mix of clouds, rain, cool temps and even a hail and thunder storm on Sunday afternoon that forced us to end the program an hour or so sooner than we had planned to.  For the most part, however, we all remained dry and warm.

Two shooters shot in the Rifleman range - Bob (a.k.a.Gunny) shot a high of 247 and Gary shot a 217 and a 221.  This was Gary's third Appleseed and three Rifleman scores to his credit.  Others were shooting mid and upper 100s - Rachel, at her second Appleseed in Coxsackie, continued to increase her high score with each AQT she shot, beginning the day scoring in the 140s and ending with a 189.  I believe if we had been able to go the additional hour she would have also earned her Rifleman patch.

A huge thank you goes to the instructors for this event - The Mrs., LittleMo, Smurf, and MetalgodZ who drove in from central MA to help us bring the Appleseed program to the town he grew up in.

I want to thank the Coxsackie Sportsmen's Club members, officers and directors for allowing us to use their range for the weekend.  I would particularly like to thank the club members who prepared and served both breakfast and lunch items to the participants and instructors on both Saturday and Sunday.  A hot meal at lunch is a much appreciated treat at an Appleseed event!  The club and I are already beginning the plans for Appleseed's return in 2013, and it's likely we'll be there for the April 20 & 21 weekend Anniversary Celebration.

I know there will be photos soon, 'cause I saw almost as many cameras at the event as I did rifles.  And I also know there are some outstanding photos of the storm on Sunday afternoon that the photographer may be willing to share with us...
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

The Mrs.

It was a wonderful weekend with great people....shooters and instructors alike.  Mike it was great to meet you.  It's so nice to work with "border raiders", and to witness cross pollination of Appleseed instruction.

Thank you to all the great shooters....it is always so satisfying to see your groups shrink and despite challenges, see the scores rise.  I know all of you will do better with practice, patience and time.

Thank you Coxsackie Sportsmen Club.  You have a great facility and wonderful members.  The warm food was definitely appreciated.

Without further ado.....
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

Josey Wales

..Job well done..  Thanks to all for keeping this Project Appleseed movement alive.  This mission we are on is so important  to our posterities liberty.  In these days you can see the futures hand writing on the wall.  And, it dose not look good.  Something must be done.  After all look at what the Founders, their families and neighbors did for us.  We owe them everything a good patriot could give back.  Let us spred the word, and the word is liberty.. Amen...

.............Strength & Honor..........Josey Wales.................
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

R1SGx2

Nice to see Gunny and Gary on the line and Riflemen AGAIN wheres the 250 Gunny, I hope Murph made it also, all good men,

Looks like a nice shoot in the rain,

Good job by all.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Smurf

Coxsackie has a very beautiful gun club filled with warm, wonderful members both young and old!!!! The students worked very hard to make this a sucessful event!!!

Some shoot pictures!!!!!

Smurf

More Shoot Pictures

Smurf

And more pictures!!!

Smurf

Awards pictures!!!!

Smurf

Note on the above picture of CAJUNsuperX.

In 1970 a young Cajun purchased 10,000 rounds of WWSuperX ammo in a PX. It was transported on a warship to a war zone in southeast Asia and then it returned back to the USA. It then traveled thruout the country for many years and ended up on the northern border. In 2012 a now very much older Cajun fired this ammo in his first Appleseed event in New Bremen, NY  and presented the last of this historic ammo to the Appleseed instructors. It was presented to a fine Ole Gunny who shot a 247 AQT on behalf of a fine Ole Cajun who would wish to help a fellow Appleseeder in their quest for a 250 AQT. 

Dude

Quote from: Smurf on October 03, 2012, 11:36:33 PM
Note on the above picture of CAJUNsuperX.

In 1970 a young Cajun purchased 10,000 rounds of WWSuperX ammo in a PX. It was transported on a warship to a war zone in southeast Asia and then it returned back to the USA. It then traveled thruout the country for many years and ended up on the northern border. In 2012 a now very much older Cajun fired this ammo in his first Appleseed event in New Bremen, NY  and presented the last of this historic ammo to the Appleseed instructors. It was presented to a fine Ole Gunny who shot a 247 AQT on behalf of a fine Ole Cajun who would wish to help a fellow Appleseeder in their quest for a 250 AQT.

Now THAT is a great story.  Thanks to the Ole Cajun  O0

And thanks to Gunny for inspiring us all! :bow:

I sure hope to be there when you post that 250! Maybe in Rotterdam! [Hint, hint!] ^:)^
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Mr.Freedom

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32163.0;attach=96103

Holy Jumpin Jeepers Creepers. Did you see that standing score? :bow: Look at the right hand group kneeling.  :bow: Congrats on some excellent shooting sir!!!!
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

Mr.Freedom

Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

StormChaser

Hey Everyone! I had a great time down in coxsackie..I am definitely looking forward to my next event. I managed to get some pictures of the storm as it hit Glenmont. Hopefully those can go up soon!

StormChaser

jimmythegeek

That 247 - obviously beginner's luck.  (I crack myself up!)

I think my combined scores from my first Appleseed exceeded that one target by a little bit.   :bow:

Another D.O.M.

Check out the hail coming down into the cornfield in that picture!  Did you drive into that StormChaser?
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore