News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Camp Atterbury October 20-21 2012 - Registration Information

Started by yellowhousejake, October 01, 2012, 09:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

RWVA Project Appleseed - Camp Atterbury Registration Form

READ EVERYTHING!!

RWVA registration can be found on Eventbright and must be completed teh same as any other Appleseed event.
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/3874486694%20%20%20%20%20

Additional information can also be found here http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=28590.0

In addition, you must read and complete the following form. The following information MUST be completed and turned in to in@appleseedinfo.org five days prior to your attendance. This information is is a requirement of Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center (CAJMTC) and this information will be shared with Military Police and the Range Control office. Your information will not be used in any manner other than to allow your admittance to the installation and to contact you regarding this event.

Please copy and paste the contents of this page into an email, fill in the required information, and return to in@appleseedinfo.org.

There some things about shooting at CAJMTC that you should be aware of, please read the following carefully.

1 - Start time - Checkin is at 7:30AM EDT. For those in most of Indiana, this is 7:30. For those in the Central time zone, it's 6:30 CDT. Safety briefing is at 8:00 sharp. We will not wait to get started. The day will be long and we can't afford to lose time here.

2 - CAJMTC firearms policy - No firearms. An exception is made for civilians for the firearms to be used on the range for an event. This means concealed carry is not allowed. If you or your vehicle are searched, your rifle information submitted by us is all that will be allowed on base. You will be turned away if not detained by Military Police and your event fees will not be refunded.

3 - Centerfire Rifle, Zeroed - Please make an effort to get a known zero prior to attending. 25m or 200 yds preferred but any known zero will work. if you are not zeroed we will make an attempt to get you there, but we will not delay instruction for you.

4 - 250-300 rounds of ammunition - Make sure it is all the same as what was used to zero. For those with AR's, heavier is better. 62gr vs. 55gr, 75gr vs 62gr, etc... Make certain your rifle can accurately shoot the bullet weight you select. A 1-14 barrel will NOT handle 75 gr bullets.

5 - The elements - The known distance ranges are not sheltered in any way. If it's sunny, you will be out in the sun. If raining, you'll be out in the rain. Bring what's appropriate for you and bring cover for your rifle if rain is expected. Layered clothing is best so that you can adjust to the changing temps. Events are not cancelled due to the weather(exception with extreme weather only. i.e. - tornado, severe storm/lightning). Do not bring portable shelter as the firing line will be moving frequently.

6 - Equipment: Sling, shooting mat, high powered binoculars or scope, two magazines, a way to take notes, ear and eye protection. Please note that ear and eye protection is required.

7 - Hydration - make sure to bring enough water/gatorade/etc.. to stay hydrated. It might be cool early in the day but the wind can take it out of you as fast as the heat.

8 - Food - There will be a designated time for lunch and history. Please bring what food you need. Leaving base for lunch is not an option and we will continue without anyone who is late returning from lunch. If everyone brings food that can be eaten on the fly, all the better.

9 - From the gate to the range control - Essentially, you continue through the cantonment area on the road you came in on. You will come to a stop sign across from the fire department. Range control is on your left. A $10.00 per day range fee is required from each shooter attending.

__ I got it. <------------ You must read the above information and check/mark/X this item.

Great, let's get the information we need to get you on the installation and on the range! Please fill out the information carefully, accuracy is important. If your information is incorrect we may not have time to contact you before the deadline to submit our list of attendees.

Personal Information
Name (as it appears on your driver's license/ID): ________________________________________

City of residence: _____________________________________

State of residence: ____________________________________

Zip Code: __________

Date of Birth: mm/dd/yyyy  __/__/____

Rifle Information (You need only complete as many entries as needed)
Make/Model: _____________________   Serial Number: ________________ Caliber:  _________

Make/Model: _____________________   Serial Number: ________________ Caliber:  _________

When your form is complete, email to in@appleseedinfo.org. You will receive a confirmation that the form has been accepted with 48 hours. We will endeavor to make that immediately if received on the last day of registration. We will try, no promises, don't wait until the last minute.

if you have any questions you can contact an Appleseed instructor on the Appleseed forum in the Indiana board, the indiana gun owners forum (INGO) in the Appleseed board, and by emailing in@appleseedinfo.org.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=189.0
http://ingunowners.com/forums/appleseed/
in@appleseedinfo.org

Good luck, and we will see you on the line!

Yellowhousejake

Dave Goodrich
Indiana State Coordinator
Project Appleseed

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

grunt soldier

I have been keeping it bumped up on INS.  hopefully it will help some
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Edheler

Oh, how I wish I could be there. I have fixed the problem with my AR biting me! :)

Have a great event guys!

SPQR

NOOOOOO!!!!!????? How are we going to get our free pizza if you aren't there, edheler?! HOW????!!!!
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Edheler

Quote from: SPQR on October 04, 2012, 11:15:38 PM
NOOOOOO!!!!!????? How are we going to get our free pizza if you aren't there, edheler?! HOW????!!!!

Simple solution: call me and I will place the order for you. We are owed two free large pizzas. When I next make it into Indiana order some pizza and I will be happy!