News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlotte, NC Sept. 29/30 2012

Started by adamsod, October 01, 2012, 01:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamsod

We had 17 eager shooters with us Saturday morning at the Charlotte Rifle & Pistol club.  We had wide range of both ages and skill levels, a mix of prior appleseeders and some new faces. Everyone had a great attitude and as the day progressed you could see the instruction was sinking in as the group sizes were starting to shrink.  The last AQT on Saturday produced our first Rifleman of the weekend, congratulations Steve!

A special note here goes out to the families we had out on Saturday,  You all did great, going from basically no experience with rifles  to shooting some of the groups we were seeing in the afternoon is amazing progress!

Sunday rolls up and we have 9 shooters, including a few that were not able to come on Saturday.  After a quick review to get everyone up to speed, we were back at it shooting AQTs.  The afternoon produced 2 more Rifleman, way to go Nathan and Tom!

I want to thank everyone for coming out to learn about our heritage, and work on their marksmanship skills.  I hope to see you all on the line again in the future!   Remember to dry-fire!

The Charlotte Rifle & Pistol club is a nice place, the range officers were great to work with. Thank you for the use of your facilities.

I also want to thank the NC instructor crew who came out to help,  and a special congrats to Adena and Toy for earning their Red Hats... great Job!

We also had a raiding party of instructors from SC come up to join us, thank you for all the help.  I do however have to single out Chris...  Chris is heading to Afghanistan in less than a week, and he decided to spend the weekend with us at a Appleseed.  Thank you Chris, keep your head down and we will see you in a few months!
Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free

dreamerofdreams

Great shoot this weekend!  Here are some pictures.

Checking targets and  Storytime!

Talking targets   and  Last shoot as an orange hat

On the line
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Adena

Congratulations Adam on your promotion to Shoot Boss!

What a great weekend for shooting. Charlotte has a great crew.
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

adamsod

Thanks Adena, congats to you and KARDIAK KID on the Red Hats.
I want to remind everyone that was out at Charlotte that we have a couple of shoots coming up that are pretty close to the Charlotte area:
Oct 20-21, Ramseur, NC ...come and see that what we teach at 25m really does work at 500yds
Oct 27-28, Gaston, SC ...Go see TheIronMantis and the SC crew, they put on a excellent Shoot!
Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free

Fox4

A quick note to thank all of you!  It was very clear to me that the instructors, Shoot Boss, Coordinators and visitors all took a personal interest in helping us on Saturday and Sunday.  Your time and efforts really assisted me in finally shooting Rifleman and helped everyone else there also.  Your dedication is greatly appreciated!!

Humble Thanks,
-Fox4 (Steve)

Lawrence

1 adamsod performing his first morning briefing as Shoot Boss
2 Toy & Adena performing their Red Hat requirements
3 Steve made Rifleman on his second AQT, Saturday afternoon!
4 Nathan receiving his Rifleman patch from adamsod Sunday!
5 Our fellow instructors from South Carolina, TheIronMantis and daughter, araborealis & better half Dreamer of Dreams and Adena, our new Red Hat!
6 Stephen, Caleb, Daniel & Joshua attended on the insistence of their step father-grandfather who regularly supports Appleseed with our dear friends on Long Island, NY (The old Calverton Crew!). Hopefully, George can come to NC so they can ALL shoot together.
7 Chris and lovely family, Appleseed supporters and patriots all!
8 Adena receiving her Red Hat
9 Kardiak Kid receiving his Red Hat

Lawrence

Very kind and enlightening post by our very own armaborealis from South Carolina!

Great photo of DAR-Patriot's new custom 10/22 built for her by her husband. Unequivocally the best "Thumbhole" stock I've ever tried!

http://armaborealis.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Pain Killer

Look for future dates to be added in Charlotte and posted to the schedule either late January or early February. The first date of the year should be in April.

Steve
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison