News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN - September 29-30

Started by dond, September 28, 2012, 08:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This is a place holder.

Waiting for tomorrow.

The weather looks promising.  O0
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

dond

14 shooters.

One new Rifleman on the only AQT for the day. Other good scores.  O0

Beautiful weather.

Waiting for tomorrow again.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

dond

Fourteen shooters showed up on a beautiful Saturday morning to be doused in history and marksmanship. They did exceptionally well on the first Red Coat. After all, it was in TN.
Intensive instruction was begun, and several G. I. slings fitted to rifles. And this paid off with impressive groups on the square targets from the beginning. Actually two AQTs were completed instead of one, as I reported earlier. One shooter attained his Rifleman Patch on the first of these.

Nine of these shooters returned Sunday, along with an additional walk-on, to continue the process. After a few additional shooting exercises were completed, the AQTs were continued. At lunch, additional history was presented, with the shooters contributing to this by reading brief biographical sketches from the Appleseed playing cards. Furthermore the shooters readily absorbed the KD presentation, as judged by their responses to questions put to them. After lunch, two additional Riflemen were made. These two were especially significant because they were a father and his teenage son. Their preceding AQT scores were 203 and 204. Their Riflemen scores were similarly close: 215 and 217. They were taken to the 100 yard range where a 5 MOA come-up was applied which placed them on target. A slight IMC horizontal IMC change, which they calculated, brought them exactly on target. Other shooters were working hard in the meantime and accomplished scores in the 170s, 180s, and 190s. These shooters were truly dedicated, some continuing to do their best even when almost overcome by exhaustion and pain. They plan to return to get their patches, and some are seriously considering becoming instructors.

LesMoore, performing her first stint as an SBIT, practically ran the entire show and did a fantastic job. She will be a first class SB. The other instructors, ChuckS and JPL, were similarly outstanding. And in addition, JPL earned his RH.

LesMoore

I thought this was a great weekend!  We had beautiful weather, and great shooters!Everyone was very interested and excited throughout the weekend-during the history and marksmanship aspects of the weekend.  This attitude from each shooter made my first SBIT great, and for that I thank you guys! 

We started the shooting with good groups that only improved with each round.  One shooter scoring Rifleman his first AQT and many others with high scores.  Then on day 2 it was exciting to see a father and son score Rifleman on the same round of AQT's and their scores only 2 points difference.

A big congrats to JPL for getting his red hat!! ^:)^ 

Hope to see all the shooters at later Appleseeds!

sticksnstones

What a great course and an even greater group of instructors. this program is a , family and must for the beginner all the way up to the accomplished shooter. I learned tips and tricks that will be in my shooting bag of tricks for life. Although I did not get the coveted Marksman patch, I knocked on the door several times. The instructors were all helpful, knowledgable and very patient. Each brought their own skills and knowledge and they made an awesome team.
Please support this program, it is very reasonable and will make true patriots of us all
If the shooting and instruction isnt enough, you will get some very interesting history and learn about many unsung heroes from the revolutionary war. I have shared many of these stories since.
I plan to attend another Appleseed very soon and will take a few friends and my fiancee along.
Thanks again to DonD, LesMoore, JP and ChuckS, yall made this a very memorable weekend. I am still talking about it to friends, family and even a few strangers. :~
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

ked0000

Sorry to be so slow with my reply, but i am not a computer person and the computer i had,  broke!

anyway, i just wanted to say that we  (my brother, son and myself) had a great time.  even though we have been around guns our entire lives, we learned how to shoot like a rifleman that weekend.
my son earned his Rifleman patch and i was proud to present him with his own rifle after the weekend.  i had told him that if he shot a riflemans score, i'd buy him a rifle.  he has since gone to another AS  and scored 5 or 6 more scores, bettering his score along the way!

i can't say enough about the instructors!  i, personally used to travel and teaching athletics  around the country , and know firsthand the sacrifice that needs to be made to volunteer to be away from home and family.  Don, Leslie, JP and Chuck were terrific.  And Sarah was a delight and should be commended for keeping everything running smoothly, even if it was behind the scenes.

Thanks again for your efforts, Keith 

ps  i agree with Sticksnstones about talking to friends and families about the AS Projects.  i continue to tell everybody (well, almost everybody) about the AS.