News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

(Canceled) Saturday, Dec 8, Davilla,Texas: BattleRoadUSA First Aid / CPR course.

Started by Green Bean, September 28, 2012, 05:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Bean

Do to unforeseen circumstances the CPR/First aid instructor Rene and myself will not be able to travel to Davilla TX for the Dec 8/9 weekend. 

Sorry for the short notice and any problems this might have created for any instructors.

floydf

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

Green Bean

Quote from: floydf on September 28, 2012, 05:45:05 PM
What sort of certification?

It will be an American Red Cross / American Heart Association type course.  The instructor has offered to also tailor the first aid portion towards common problems we might encounter on the line.

PM sent.

scuzzy

Quote from: Green Bean on September 28, 2012, 05:51:15 PM

It will be an American Red Cross / American Heart Association type course.  The instructor has offered to also tailor the first aid portion towards common problems we might encounter on the line.

PM sent.

I'd like to sign up for this. Good stuff to know. Ask me how I know.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Green Bean

Quote from: scuzzy on September 28, 2012, 11:31:36 PM
Quote from: Green Bean on September 28, 2012, 05:51:15 PM

PM sent.

I'd like to sign up for this. Good stuff to know. Ask me how I know.

Feel free to post any specific first aid topics you would like covered.

The instructor is doing this for us and is open to suggestion.  He is putting on the class for free. The only charge is what it cost him for the certification card. 

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Put me down for the certification!

I am amazed that I don't have a shoot scheduled that weekend.  :))
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Scout

The event is being hosted in Davilla by BattleRoadUSA. You can find out more about what we do besides hosting Appleseeds and KDs and First Aid courses by going to www.battleroadusa.com

Thabnks Guys!

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Green Bean

I need a show of hands who want to get certified and topics you would like to see covered.  An estimated time for the class is 4 hours. Is 12pm-4pm good for those interested?  We are doing this for you and extremely open to suggestions .

Reddot

I'm in.  12-4 works fine.  I'm open to whatever the instructor's are willing to teach.

Green Bean

UPDATE: Do to unforeseen circumstances the CPR/First aid instructor Rene and myself will not be able to travel to Davilla TX for the Dec 8/9 weekend. 

Sorry for the short notice and any problems this might have created for other instructors.

Scout

No problem GB, stuff happens. We will be running an instructor medical day sometime in the next couple of months out of the BattleRoadUSA dates and I am sure  any Appleseed instructors that would like to attend would be welcome. It will be a four hour course, without any certification. Just want everyone to be able to use their minds and their blow out kits in the correct fashion in the event of an injury on the line.

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)