News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sunday, Dec 9, BattleRoadUSA, Davilla, Texas: All Distance All Day Field Day

Started by floydf, September 26, 2012, 09:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimBeatty

I will be good to shoot the full size targets  :)
Tim Beatty

Green Bean

Quote from: timbeatty on October 22, 2012, 08:44:49 PM
Without a scope the grass and the black blended together. Just need the white to get some contrast. I was just using open sights,

So my scope did not count?  Over on the right side we were shooting through the grass. I had to image were in the tall grass center hold was.  Isn't that part of the Texas challenge?

floydf

Quote from: Green Bean on October 23, 2012, 08:17:39 PM
So my scope did not count?  Over on the right side we were shooting through the grass. I had to image were in the tall grass center hold was.  Isn't that part of the Texas challenge?

' Cos that's the way it works in the Real World:

"'scuze me, could you kindly wear this white cummerbund so I can get a decent sight picture..."

:)
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

dragit

YES!   ^:)^ That is it, it was the grasses fault.  I knew I was not doing anything wrong.  @)  Man I was worried, and considering removing myself from office. :shootself:

Disclaimer: This is political satire, i.e. a joke.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Green Bean

The real problem was the invisible grass.  :slap:

Quote from: dragit on October 24, 2012, 11:28:47 AM
YES!   ^:)^ That is it, it was the grasses fault.  I knew I was not doing anything wrong.  @)  Man I was worried, and considering removing myself from office. :shootself:

Disclaimer: This is political satire, i.e. a joke.

Reddot

Careful Tommy, we'll have you in a political office if you're not careful **)

wcmartin1

"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Two Wolves

Mark Martinez from Fredericksburg just latched on to the last ticket.  O0  We are officially SOLD OUT! ;D This shoot will be well represented by Dragit's crew. :~  HOO AHH!  ~ Two Wolves  :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Green Bean

Quote from: Two Wolves on October 26, 2012, 11:31:02 AM
Mark Martinez from Fredericksburg just latched on to the last ticket.  O0  We are officially SOLD OUT! ;D This shoot will be well represented by Dragit's crew. :~  HOO AHH!  ~ Two Wolves  :cool2:

So is it going to be North(Dallas crew) vs South(Fredericksburg crew)?  I will donate a box of .22 ammo to the lowest score shooter for more practice.   :---

Drip Drop will be our secret weapon...

To be continued...

spitstickler

Quote from: Green Bean on October 26, 2012, 05:04:33 PM

So is it going to be North(Dallas crew) vs South(Fredericksburg crew)?  I will donate a box of .22 ammo to the lowest score shooter for more practice.   :---

To be continued...

Don't make us bring DoubleLL down there...  ;)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

Quote from: spitstickler on October 26, 2012, 05:32:43 PM

To be continued...

If DoubeLL shows----all bets are OFF.

Scout

And we love to see you here to Brother, and we do want the satisfaction ;D

Quote from: technoronin on October 16, 2012, 02:36:56 PM
Davilla is less than 1&1/2 hours away if I don't make any wrong turns and I've been there often enough that I usually don't make more than 1 wrong turn...

Also, the folks there have been so supportive over the past months that I want to see them get the satisfaction from me qualifying there.
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Green Bean

Quote from: spitstickler on October 26, 2012, 05:32:43 PM

To be continued...

Ok, but IIT2 and below get bonus points.

Scout

Hey Guys, I am going to prepare new backers for the KD. I will make them very tall so that we can get a D target on the backer and also get a visible number on top of the target. The guys with iron sights can shoot at either end of the target line, and the guys with scopes can shoot in the middle.

The higher targets will allow shooters with iron to get a good six o'clock hold and easier to find their targets if they can count from one end or other and maybe see the numbers better. Scoped shooters will be able to look at numbers with their scopes to confirm their targets.

This way all of the targets will be easily viewable from the 300/400 meter line.(there is a rise in the ground between the targets and the 300 yard line) The 400 has a view with the rise in grade, as does the 500, 600 and 700. The 800 needs four feet of elevation and the 900 and 1000 meter need 10 feet of elevation.

I cut the grass the night before the last shoot at KD, but even six inch high grass can cause a problem if the elevation puts targets below line of sight. We will knock out those problems this time. I am excited for the instructors to come in and burn up the KD this December. I will get Kirk to bring his camera and I will film this too so we can have a good instructor KD video for YouTube. 

We will also have some instruction on come ups and wind on the KD day. I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

wcmartin1

Wha'd'ya say we make it interesting and go $5/point for the FDAQTs?  Who's in?  :cool2:

Git-R-Done!  :---
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Pistolgrip

..:..I will be there...I heard there was a spot that opened up and Reddot has granted me permission to be there. ^:)^
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

technoronin

Quote from: Pistolgrip on December 03, 2012, 09:22:04 PM
..:..I will be there...I heard there was a spot that opened up and Reddot has granted me permission to be there. ^:)^

I wish there was room for me.  I have an Orange Hat now, so I'm marginally qualified....

wcmartin1

M852 loaded.

FYI - 360 rounds of 7.62 fits loose in a surplus 250 round 30-cal ammo can.

Git-R-Done!  :---

Pistolgrip

"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain

dragit

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

spitstickler

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

TimBeatty

Tim Beatty

wcmartin1

dragit

My understanding is preregistrees Mark Martinez, Ronald Mauldin and Rene Martinez will not be attending KD, which leaves 2 spots open if anyone is still considering this.  One of those spots has been filled.

CaptG

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Green Bean

Quote from: dragit on December 06, 2012, 11:59:12 AM
My understanding is preregistrees Mark Martinez, Ronald Mauldin and Rene Martinez will not be attending KD, which leaves 2 spots open if anyone is still considering this.  One of those spots has been filled.

That's correct about Rene and I.  :-\

perdurabo

I'm not an Instructor but I do have a Rifleman's patch.  I've never shot a full distance AQT and am rather interested in trying.  If its not a problem and if there's still a spot left I'd like to give it a shot.

If I'm in, let me know what I need to do as far as registration since the Eventbrite site says the shoot is sold out.