News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA Convention

Started by technoronin, September 25, 2012, 04:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technoronin

I just received email about next year's NRA Convention and I see it is going to be in Houston.  Are there any plans for a RWVA/Appleseed presence there?  If so, I would be interested in doing some volunteer work.

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

GoldFish

Quote from: technoronin on September 25, 2012, 04:50:45 PM
I just received email about next year's NRA Convention and I see it is going to be in Houston.  Are there any plans for a RWVA/Appleseed presence there?  If so, I would be interested in doing some volunteer work.

Yes, there are plans for RWVA to be represented at the NRA Con this year.  As far as you helping out, send a PM to hawkhavn as he is the one is coordinating the whole thing; he will select volunteers to work the show in different capacities.  If he wants your help, then he'll let you know. O0

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Fred

Quote from: GoldFish on September 25, 2012, 06:25:07 PM

Yes, there are plans for RWVA to be represented at the NRA Con this year.  As far as you helping out, send a PM to hawkhavn as he is the one is coordinating the whole thing; he will select volunteers to work the show in different capacities.  If he wants your help, then he'll let you know. O0

techno, he'll want your help, and Scout's help, and as many Texans as we can round up and drive 'em right into the heart of downtown Houston. Guess we could call it, amongst ourselves, "Operation 'Head 'em up and move 'em out!'")

:)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Scout

Yes Tehnoronin, just as Fred said, we will need all the help we can get in order to make this a successful event. You can email me at rangescout@(remove)hughes.net and I will be glad to speak with you about working with the Texas Crew to represent Texas at the 2013 NRA convention in Houston.

Personally, I would have picked some other way to respond than with a "we will decide who is worthy to represent Texas, and we will let you know" reply. The Texas folks have successfully staffed several conventions recently and represented Appleseed at a number of events over the years. I  have a great number of folks with extremely qualified backgrounds ready and willing to work at representing Appleseed and making contacts which could be beneficial to Appleseed and with more than able skills at dealing with various organizations and industry reps.

I have PM'ed the folks in charge but have not heard back from them yet. We have a good group of adult  men and women, as well as young men and young women who can represent our org. at the event. And we have guys on the team who represent billion dollar corporations and interact nationally/internationally on a daily basis with other corporations and their representatives and who I am sure would be able to represent Appleseed without embarrassment. 

For many years now, I have been speaking with the folks from across the nation who represent shooters and the gun culture and the fight for Americas freedoms and liberties. You have heard some of them on the Radio Show as guests, the Knox Family from The Firearms Coalition, Larry Pratt with GOA, Trey Tuggle from the NRA and many others who have already said they would be glad to help us at this event.

I have spoken to some of the folks at the top levels of the NRA organization and they have agreed to take us around and personally introduce us to the other organizations and industry reps being represented at the convention. While we do not need anyone's approval to be considered a legitimate organization, it certainly will not hurt our ability to be taken seriously as an organization to have them on our side.

The Texas Crew is working now on a glossy, multi page magazine that explains what Appleseed is doing in Texas and what we hope to accomplish in the future, for Texas and for our Nation. We want to be able to hand these out by way of introduction to the folks we are meeting at the event. We could use some help with finishing up this project, so if you have a graphics/magazine/publishing background please contact me.

We are also working on an Appleseed film we can use as a promotion tool at our table during the event, so, if you have any Appleseed video squirreled away we could use it to help finish this project.   

If there are any Texas folks who would like to help out at the 2013 NRA Convention, you can PM me, or email me at the email address above. Thanks Guys!!

Scout

Quote from: GoldFish on September 25, 2012, 06:25:07 PM

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

As the only Appleseed Instructor I know of with an actual Houston, TX Zip Code, "I'll be there".
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

I'm dang sure going. I'll see if I can hitch a ride with reddot.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

glocktopus

Houston, you say? Got my attention.

CaptG

I'll be available for part of it. This far out my work schedule's kind of hard to pin down, but count me in. I'll be able to firm up dates as it gets nearer.
G
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Scout

Thanks Guys!! I look forward to you guys helping out and us representing The Appleseed Project in Texas. You guys are the best folks the nation has to offer. I would like you all to call me so we can get started on finding out how we can plug everyone in and get some mileage from this event.

Thank you all

Scout
254-217-1325   
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)