News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Afton, OK - Sept 22-23

Started by Scarecrow, September 24, 2012, 10:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

AAR for Afton, OK is now open for posting.

TomCat

A great group of shooters: David, Bill, Anthony, Raby, Gary, Brett, Kirk, Terri, and Ken.  And Instructors:  Tomcat, Al, Scarecrow.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

floydf

"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

TomCat

New Riflemen!  Anthony and Ken, with SB Scarecrow.

TomCat

Oohs and ahhs at the first AQT.

TomCat

Scarecrow instructing on a beautiful fall day.

TomCat

9 yr old Nathan was focused the whole day, and received instructions extremely well.  A very mature young man who we expect to be a leader some day.

TomCat

The weather could hardly have been more perfect! 

colycat

That is a great picture of the shooters and instructors.  The rifles are a great touch,  well done guys.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

TomCat

A few fumbles on the 1st stage, goin' after the mags, but all muzzles were kept in a safe direction!

TomCat

Husband and wife team, Terri and Ken.

TomCat

Scarecrow did an admirable job of Shootbossing on his own for the first time.  Al is steady as a rock at all times.  I continue to look up to these mentors as I mature.  Dan, we missed you.  Floyd, come up and see us sometime, maybe at Norman on Oct 20-21?  We'll keep an eye on the pre-regs and give you a heads-up. 

henschman

Looks like a great time... it was hard sitting in front of the computer working on that Petition all weekend when I saw that beautiful weather outside and knew there were rounds popping off and Riflemen being made in Afton! 

Thanks for taking care of this one, Scarecrow.  Good job all.  And congrats to the Riflemen.  Great pics.  I see you guys were flying the Gadsden... nice touch! 
O0
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

K98Al

This was a great shoot - thanks for Excalibur cooking chili dogs - having a cheap, warm meal is always a plus at a shoot. Being able to use their classroom for lunch and telling the Strikes (out of the wind) is awesome. (even though weather was great THIS time!)
  All the shooters did well, and I saw a LOT of improvement since that first Redcoat. I hope to see every one again, remember - a Rifleman persists!

Now we have two more Riflemen, did y'all get the Orange hat?? 
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.