News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

After Action Report, Ottawa,ILL

Started by colycat, July 04, 2008, 09:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

What could be better than Appleseed on Independence Day!!!!!

I have proof that it does not always rain at AS,s at Ottawa.  78 and sunny, with light breeze, the weather could not have been better.

Nice range, good people, and THE GUY, made for a really enjoyable shoot.

As always everyone left much improved, happy to be thrown into the pool of markmanship and history.  Every AS is History!!!  Look out world, the United States of America is coming back!

We had boy scouts, families, and some girls,,,,great .

Looking forward to day 2, I think almost everyone will be back.  My wife is already sleeping @7:10 PM.  What a great day.

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Garand69

3 NEW RIFLEMEN TODAY!!!!! ;D

Thanks Colycat & The Guy for the great job, see you tommorow.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

colycat

Day 2, I have positive proof that the weather in Ottawa for AS is perfect!  Sunny and about 80.  Thanks so much to JP for the awnings.  The pictures taken make the shoot look like a 4 of July picnic. 

Concrats to the new riflemen made today, especially Garand 69.  He worked hard for it, which made it all the more sweet.  Persistence, thats what makes riflemen so special.

Hanna, you are one competitor.  Please come again, with friends and, or family. Nice job on that bolt gun Chuck(Dad).

I am back in WI tonight and will miss day 3.  My wife attended her first AS, Kicking all the way.  After we left JP,s house, (thanks again for dinner and thank Mrs JP) my wife said" I wish we were staying for tomorrow"  Yikes, an another AS junkie!!!!

I hope I can figure out how to post some pictures tonight.

Hope to see all my new IL friends in Sept.
[attachment=3]
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

More pics,

Coly
[attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3]

Johnnyappleseed

Appleseed Illinois!  ;D
Wow, how sweet is this ! A state where 3/4 of all countys have passed written anti Chicago gun restrictions + pro 2A affirmations now schedules regular AS :o
Congratulations  The Guy + Coly for this Independence day AS + of course those who make it all possibile the pre reg+ walk ons thanx to all
Semper Fidelis
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Garand69

BOY DOES THAT 3rd DAY MAKE A DIFFERANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you ever have the opportunity to attend a 3-Day Appleseed, do not hesitate! While we really lucked out weather wise here at Ottawa, the third day the temp was a little higher but the wind was starting to get a bit annoying for a few, especially in standing position. The folks at Buffalo Range Inc. have really improved the Auxiliary Range by raising the 25M firing line, with 4" of p-gravel, and as we showed up on Friday they were still scraping down the (now dry) ruts that were in front of the target line. Thanks Ottawa!

But despite the wind messing with Stage 1 scores, 5 more Rifleman materialized! Yes you heard that correct, 8 Rifleman (well technically 6 Rifleman, and 2 Riflewoman), over the 3-Day Appleseed!

While the weather on the 3rd Day was just as wonderful as the first 2, two Appleseeders still managed to get their feet wet. J Papineau and myself jumped into some Appleseed "puddles" and had a bunch of fun helping out The Guy. J. Papineau's puddle was a bit deeper than mine and he called the course of fire while I helped keep the "line on the right" safe, while coaching (harassing) my Son and Nephew a bit. It was an excellent experience for me, and judging by the look on J.P's face at the end of the day, him as well. I can't wait for the next AS!

While J. Papineau was running the line, The Guy had plenty of opportunities to work one on one with some Appleseeders, and I'm sure that the extra bit of Appleseed wisdom you get on the 3rd Day, really helped the Rifleman numbers. My son Wetfoot also managed to move his previous Appleseed score up 40+ points to a solid 162, while this aggravated him to no end on the third day (he figured the 10 more points to reach Sharpshooter would be easy  ;D ), it still made me proud (Don't worry The Guy, I beat him with a sling all the way home!  ;D ). And I also was able to bring my Nephew on the third day. His First Appleseed seed and he went from a 109 on his first Q&D AQT to a 160 at the end of the day! I will have to see if I can kidnap him for the Chilicothe AS and get his score (and Wetfoots) up.

Again, Thanks everyone! We met a lot of great folks this weekend, and I hope we get to see you all again! It has been said before, but you really do meet great people at Appleseeeds! some more pics to follow
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

SavageShootr

Congratulations to all of the new Riflemen!!! This hearty congratulations is meant for the lady shooters as well.

The Guy and Colycat, great job!! Whatever you all are doing out there, keep doing it, it works!!

Thanks for posting the pictures, it looks like you all had a great time out there. I do have one question though.... what is that green stuff you all are standing on? It looks kind of like grass to me. Did someone bring a huge carpet to the AS? OK I know how to count, that was two questions.   ;)

Hey colycat, as far as your wife being another AS junkie.... I know a few of those, and they are the best people I know. Congratulations on getting her there, it is important to share things with your partner.  ;D
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

The Guy

Wow...

Ottawa and no rain?  What the....?  Who the....?

Whoda thunk it?

Had a great time.  Had a covering over the back area, fresh pea gravel, nice weather, how could Appleseed get any better than this?

Well, IT WAS THREE DAYS, THAT'S HOW!!!

The third day made all the diference, as several shooters who would have normally gone home just knocking on the door made the final points they needed to kick it in and join the exaulted ranks of Riflemen!!

Heck of a nice range crew to work with as usuall; the Buffalo Range is super to work with.  Heck, they have let me back twice now after meeting me at the first shoot, so they are right up there in my book!

We had one family bring 5 shooters, and leave with 4 Rifleman scores.  Don't worry Ethan, we will get you there this summer!  There were other related teams there as well, with folks bringing kids/nephews/etc.  Love to see the families out.

What I would give to have all weekends three days!

Looking forward to September in Ottowa, and the mini's at the Danville range this July and August.

Thanks to Coly for coming down from the land of cheese, and to Mrs. Coly for tagging along, then really getting into it!  Thanks also to Papy for providing me a bed and Mrs. Papy for the food.  Thanks to Papy and Golf6-9 for helping me run the show on Sunday.

See you at the next one!

colycat

I am really sorry that we were not there to see the fruits of the first 2 days.

8 new riflemen out of 25 shooters!!!!!!!!!!

Most of the thanks goes to the Stites family.  Mom and Dad both made the score and 2 of the kids did also.  Ethan, I will see you at the next one, and you will be my project.  M.E.,s (Mom) comments are :

"I really don't feel like I deserved it but the last time up we did a
green sheet and after the 3rd round and I only got 4 shots off I decided
then that I would not get it and just relaxed and thought well what the
heck I am still going to try my darndest to just shoot my best on the 400
yd shot.  Guess what I got all 5 in the 5!  no kidding."

SHE WAS SHOOTING A TUBE FEED BROWNING.  MPOA<MPOA!!!!!!

There was lots of carding, ball and dummy, and call your shot on day 2.  Only 2 QDAQTS on the 2nd day!!!!!!!!!

Colycat

colycat

Savage and Johnny,

Thanks for keeping up with my progress.  I read and post at all the CA events also.  AS brings a lot of like minded people togather, and as we progress through the 7th step, I am sure we will meet again.

Savage that green stuff is what we call grass,  you dont even have to water it around here.  Check out the Gatorade pic,  that is not a berm, but a mountain, just like in Piru.  Really!!!!!!

From reading the aar,s  you guys have really got it going.  I,m coming out for the fun of one of your shoots soon.

Colycat

SavageShootr

Quote from: colycat on July 07, 2008, 09:25:32 PM
Savage and Johnny,

Thanks for keeping up with my progress.  I read and post at all the CA events also.  AS brings a lot of like minded people togather, and as we progress through the 7th step, I am sure we will meet again.

Savage that green stuff is what we call grass,  you dont even have to water it around here.  Check out the Gatorade pic,  that is not a berm, but a mountain, just like in Piru.  Really!!!!!!

From reading the aar,s  you guys have really got it going.  I,m coming out for the fun of one of your shoots soon.

Colycat

I hope you intend to bring MrsColycat also.  ;D

A fellow female AS junkie to hang out with, how cool is that?  8) 8) 8)
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.

colycat

Always listen to your mother-in-law, especially if she has been happily married to the same man for 62 years.   "Go, and be with your husband", she said.  She knows how to keep a marriage good; so I went to my first AS with my husband.  Laying prone on the ground, in the hot sun (or rain), with mosquitoes, wearing earmuffs and squinting at far away targets for two days was something I was not looking forward to.  Thought I had a valid excuse to skip the third day because it was my son's and daughter-in-law's birthday and the party was at our house that day.  Off we go, mentioning a couple of times at least we were "doing something" together on a holiday weekend. 

We headed south from Wisc to Illinois on Independence Day weekend; not the usual traffic pattern.  Glad, at least, to be going against the flow.  I read the AS web page on how to prepare and knew I was in trouble with the first point, a teachable attitude.   Gathered up the sunscreen, bug spray, cooler, chairs, gun cases, bags, more bags, carpet roll, and an improving attitude.  By the way, the "what to bring" and "how to prepare" lists were helpful.   

Upon arrival at the range things started looking up.  You've already heard it all; perfect weather, nice tents set up for shade, no bugs, dry place to roll out the carpet.  Even more encouraging was to see all of you, and get to know everyone; The Guy, Stites', John, Gurand, Wetfoot, Victor, Bryan, and all the young men and scouts.  Gives a middle aged lady lots of hope for the future.    Everyone was well mannered and well disciplined, happy, and seemed to really enjoy the days.   Gun nuts really aren't a bunch of crazy people after all.  haha! 

The format was easy to follow and not too intimidating, except the standing position sling adjustments....ouch!  And the sitting position elbows on the FRONT of the knees?!  When I whined about burning brass under my elbow, The Guy reminded me I shouldn't be moving my elbow.  Add to that turkey-aching-necking and chin plant bruise; all things I had no idea I SHOULD have been dreading. 

Someone once said, "you have to go THROUGH something to get TO something".  With a lot of good instruction, helpful target analysis, drills, encouragement this "cook" was forged into a marksman with one QDAQT at 150 and one at 151.  If only I hadn't given the shooter to my right all those good shots on the 3rd stage after the reload.  It didn't seem like he minded too much...sorry. 

For a split second on Saturday night on the way home, I thought of calling and canceling the birthday party, and going back for the third day, and now a big part of me wishes I could have been there to see all the action on Sunday, and be able to congratulate you all in person on your achievements.  next time.....

Thanks to everyone for all the fun!  Loved the history!  Moooooocho thanks to Guy for all your work, Fabulous! .....and for the use of your yellow lenses.  It was the edge I needed for focusing on the front sight. 

Range fees: $40., Hotel fees: $120., Gas to get there: $60., hearing colycat "call the line": priceless!

Mrs.colycat

Garand69

Mrs. Colycat said.....

QuoteFor a split second on Saturday night on the way home, I thought of calling and canceling the birthday party, and going back for the third day, and now a big part of me wishes I could have been there to see all the action on Sunday, and be able to congratulate you all in person on your achievements.  next time.....

Ha Ha, your hooked!!! Nice meeting you, hope to see you at an AS in the near future. Oops, almost forgot, don't forget about that aRANGEd Marrage that we have planned for the youngin's, Mrs. Colycat ;D I haven't told Wetfoot yet!!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

NoFoMoHo

I really enjoyed this past weekend and everyone made it fun! To tell you the truth I was so nervous about the whole AS thing but I was so wrong about everything. I was nervous about the history stuff and learned a lot, I was pretty sure that I was not going to do that well and hey I made rifleman, well woman, and I was so nervous about never having shot a rifle before but that didnt seem to stop me...or my mom.  It was nice to have instructors and helpers who really helped teach the fundamentals and important aspects of rifle shooting. I also like the cool nicknames that everyone had....The Guy, ColyCat, Garand, Wetfoot, Cookie(where did that come from anyway) and of course the folks with out cool names...Victor(shakey), Dana, Ben, Lori, my family, and all the other neat people! I am looking forward to mini AS's and more regular AS's...
If you can get involved in a three day....do it you learn a great deal and you have more chances to qualify on those dreadful QD AQT's....
All the drills from RedCoats to ball and dummy drills were great to improve on....

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to have the opportunity to become a rifleman and learn how to shoot a rifle!
Cant wait to do it again....
God Bless,
:D Hannah :D
~NotfromMontanaHannah~

-Breath in, breath out, relax-

The Guy

Hannah,

Good to have you and the family.

Don't forget to bring Cookie (where did that name come from??) and the rest to the Danville mini shoots (july 17,31, Aug 21).  So he can get qualified.  A Rifleman family.  Wow.

As mentioned before, amazing what a third day can do for scores and productivity.  Wish they were all that way.

See you at a shoot again soon.

OddBall

OHHH MY GOODNESSS!!!!!!!!!!
I had such an amazing time at my first AS. I was hooked as soon as I shot my first Red Coat. I love shooting and history so this was a real treat for me and having The Guy telling us the stories was really awesome. He made it sound like he was there he had me sitting on the edge of my seat. I agree with every one else if you can make it to a 3 day AS then you should really go that third day really makes a difference. And it lets you get to know the other shooters better. I have to give so much thanks to The Guy cause I dont think I would have made rifleman with out him. He took the time to lay down beside me and help me slow down and take my time and not rush until I got my NPOA. ColyCat was really cool to I wish he could have stayed for the Third day. I cant wait to go to the Danville Mini's. But what I really want to experiance is a Boot Camp. I can tell you this I will be Doing AS as much as I can. I really hope to some day take my kids to one.
Hey Man, I'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Canuck-IL

Late to the thread but no less enthusiastic about the shoot.  The Guy provided excellent instruction which included the 'how and why it works' rather than the commonly seen, 'just do it' type of instruction - hugely appreciated and will really help as I try and replicate the lessons in solo practice sessions.  Great instruction, very well-paced and well-ordered exercises - a super job, ably assisted by Colycat who'll be running his own AS in no time.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make the 3rd day but will certainly attend future events.

FWIW, Charlie's Surplus in Chicago hasn't seen an XL or for that matter a Lg USMC shooting jacket in 3-4 years.  So, Fred's warehouse seems the best bet if you're looking for one with the Creedmoor cotton jackets (very similar padding design with pull front closures) a next best choice at $75 & $126.  However, it turns out that if you cold wash a Medium USMC jacket 4 times, with extended soaks in fabric softener and with line drying only, it doesn't shrink appreciably but is soft enough for effective use ... it'll certainly do for now.
/Bryan

Garand69

Here are a few more pics, hope you enjoy.

Not From Montana Hanna's smiling over an awesome standing group!

Here is a close up to the above target

Another Rifleman is forged!

Boy that P-Gravel sure is comfortable!

Colycat working on NPOA

The Buffalo Range Inc Crew making some last minute alterations

Working on Standing

Day 3, one or two targets away form Hanna's Mom making Rifle(wo)man

Throughout Days 2 and 3, the words "Wet Foot, what are you doing wrong?" came from The Guys mouth quite regularly, and everytime it was the same thing! Not wrapping into the sling!! We will be working on that this Sunday at Ottawa!

Anybody have the Group shot taken on Sunday???
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

The Guy

Great pics!

On day 2, we used Rifleman patches to cover the sights for the NPOA drill.....  Since you can't hit Rifleman without it!  Thought it was good renforcement.

Wes, RBC in Osage Beach in Sep.  Can give you a ride down if you are going alone, or just bring the family....

Here is the link for info....

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=1205.0

and to register.....

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/95751395

A week with Longshot, Thor's Hammer, who knows who else, and, of course, Guy...   What more could one ak for...LOL!!

All, don't forget the mini's in Danville, 17 & 31 Jul, 21 Aug.

Canuck-IL

This may belong elsewhere - mod can move if preferable.

Whilst trying to recruit some companions to the Ottawa AS, I had 2 folks opine, "25 meters?? That's not much fun - how much can you learn at rock throwing distance?" or words to that effect.

I thought it interesting that the following was posted on the NationalMatch forum yesterday in response to a new shooter having trouble grouping his service rifle at 600 yards.  After capable loadings were discussed, the following was posted as a suggested shot plan.

- Set-up mat to ensure that your most of your body is on it;
- Set-up scope so that you only have to turn your head to look through;
- Check for a tight sling set-up;
- Support elbow should be under or just [about] under the rifle for stability;
- Shoulder the rifle firmly;
- Note your head position on the stock which should be the same each and every shot;
- Check natural point of aim (close eyes, breathe normally 2-3 times; open them; if front sight is not on your target to shoot a 10 or X; adjust your body WHILE KEEPING support elbow firm;
- Decide your sight picture (e.g., flat tire hold, center of mass, six o'clock, line of white hold)
- Get a nice clear front sight focus while aligned center with rear sight aperture;
- Take up the slack on the trigger and hold;
- Focus on the clear front sight;
- Increase trigger finger pressure straight to the rear while maintaining clear front sight and sight alignment;
- As rifle fires, call your shot and continue to focus on the front sight;
- Bring front sight back into position;
- Scope the shot;
- Check the wind flags/mirage for any changes;

- Repeat the step from shouldering the rifle firmly;

That's for 600 yards w irons ... skipping scope/wind issues, doesn't that look familiar?
/B

Pappy

:) Hello Group; Yes it is true, We had weather just like what you would order, If you could order weather. With the wind kicking a little on Sunday. The Whole group made a marked improvement in the three days, WOW!! The amount of determination, discipline, & focus. Congrats to all the new riflemen and women.  A shooting jacket would be a good place to sew that new patch. Oh and would also keep the rocks from eating your elbows and HOT brass from finding a exposed spot to land on. Freds M-14 stocks have them and so does Shooters mall, buy the size larger than you need and only wash in cool water as its cotton and can shrink. Thanks to the Guy , Coly cat, Grand and all the rest for the help tearing down the tents and putting the tables WAY back there. As always keep them in the black , I will see you in CHILLI. Jon Papineau
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

wcmartin1

Quote from: Canuck-IL on July 10, 2008, 07:12:38 PM
That's for 600 yards w irons ... skipping scope/wind issues, doesn't that look familiar?

Yep.  That's what I tell all my HP buddies and everyone else I talk to about the program - except for doping the wind the same skills apply

That's the beauty of it - the nuts and bolts of the AQT/Rifleman concept. 

It's all about the fundamentals. ;)
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

NoFoMoHo

Well the name Cookie came from Ethan putting Cook on his name tag having it on his back and me grabbing a sharpie and writing an "ie" on the end! It was very clever and suited him well with the cookies we actually brought with us! Wern't they just delicious? YUM! Anyway i think that you can definatly expect us at at least one of the mini's cause we might be gone for one i am not sure but i am looking forward to my next experiance and maybe being able to by my own rifle w/ scope so i can do better than the lame "not-being-able-to-see" iron sights.  Hopfully i can keep on improving my AQT score and do better on the QD AQT! and maybe get that 250 yd head shot once and for all...who knows...anything is possible with good NPOA and a family to support you no matter what! and of course a good instructor...or two..or four...?

:D Not from Montana Hannah   :D

p.s. thank you for the name Garand....i cant believe i didnt think of it!
~NotfromMontanaHannah~

SavageShootr

Quote from: colycat on July 08, 2008, 01:21:03 AM

Someone once said, "you have to go THROUGH something to get TO something".  With a lot of good instruction, helpful target analysis, drills, encouragement this "cook" was forged into a marksman with one QDAQT at 150 and one at 151.  If only I hadn't given the shooter to my right all those good shots on the 3rd stage after the reload.  It didn't seem like he minded too much...sorry. 

For a split second on Saturday night on the way home, I thought of calling and canceling the birthday party, and going back for the third day, and now a big part of me wishes I could have been there to see all the action on Sunday, and be able to congratulate you all in person on your achievements.  next time.....

Thanks to everyone for all the fun!  Loved the history!  Moooooocho thanks to Guy for all your work, Fabulous! .....and for the use of your yellow lenses.  It was the edge I needed for focusing on the front sight. 

Range fees: $40., Hotel fees: $120., Gas to get there: $60., hearing colycat "call the line": priceless!

Mrs.colycat

Hey Mrs.colycat,

The history is what hooked me too. Good to see you getting on the forum, welcome.  ;D

You only thought for a split second about turning around? I am sure next time the shoot will win out.  ;)

It sounds like you all had a great time. The pics are terrific, thanks for posting them.

~SS

Garand69

Quote from: HannahMontana on July 11, 2008, 12:58:32 AM

:D Not from Montana Hannah   :D

p.s. thank you for the name Garand....i cant believe i didnt think of it!

;D  No Problem!!!  ;D

QuoteCanuck-IL said;
Whilst trying to recruit some companions to the Ottawa AS, I had 2 folks opine, "25 meters?? That's not much fun - how much can you learn at rock throwing distance?" or words to that effect.

I have gotton that a few times as well, we all know the answer!

I beleive it was Friday as we were either on lunch or packing up for the day, J. Papineau had a feller who had been shooting at the 100yd Bench walk up, and he asked what this Appleseed thing was all about. There was a few of us answering his questions and he was invited to attend. He had something to do on Sat. but he said he would be back at Ottawa on Sunday, but, just when you think you may have one hooked, he replied, "but I'll be shooting 5.56 with a freind" ........OK, don't know what the caliber has to do with anything, but he did show some interest, so maybe next time!

Never Give Up!
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

The Guy

One thing I found interesing was when Chuck, father of Wes, Hannah (not from Montana, but would fit right in out there) and Cookie said "I came for the stories".

I have on several occasions told pieces of the History at the local CCRA (Guns Save Life www.gunssavelife.com) meetings.

Point being, if you take oppritunities to tell the real History, you never know who will respond by the stories alone.  Learning to shoot to Rifleman standard?  Sure, hooks many.  But it is the History that separates the Appleseed from any other program, and might just be the hook someone else may need to come.

And yes, the cookies were very good.

See you all soon!

G

OddBall

OH yeah the stories were great I love history. I was sad when I had to run back to the truck one time to get something for Mom and I missed on of the stories.  :'(
Hey Man, I'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

NoFoMoHo

This is Not Montana Hannah's Mom.  I have some pics of the group to add...

The Weekends Riflemen:

Group with Instructors:

Not Montanas-3 in 1:

Score Check:

The Guy telling his beloved Story:

The Prone Line:

The Sitting Line:

The Standing Line:

Mrs. Colycat:

4 Riflemen so far in our family(pictured with The Guy)  Cookie will be next!:

Wetfoot being silly:

~NotfromMontanaHannah~

Garand69

Awesome!

Thanks for posting the great pics Not From Montana Hanna's Mom  ;D

That had to be a long ride for Cookie, surrounded by 4 new Rifleman all the way home.

Hang in there Cookie, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire, and you'll get that patch soon!  ;D
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

The Guy

Sheesh, someone remind me to tuck my hair up under my cap before I do something in front of a camera....

This waiting for my hair to get long enough to pull into a Revolutionary War pony tail is getting old, and making me look more scruffy than normal....

Thanks for the pics M.E.!