News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harrodsburg, KY AAR - Sept. 15-16, 2012

Started by Unbridled Liberty, September 18, 2012, 09:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

We had a fantastic SOLD-OUT shoot at a new venue; the Mercer County Fish & Game Association near Harrodsburg, KY.  20 eager shooters came out bright and early Saturday, and 17 returned on Sunday.  The weather was beautiful with only one light, brief rain shower, which did not interrupt the activity at all.  Thanks to each and every shooter who spent their weekend with Appleseed.

Kentucky has THREE new Riflemen!  Do I hear a HUZZAH!?  ^:)^  Congratulations to Jim, who worked hard for two days and shot a 234 (? help me out with the exact score ?) with a bolt gun!   O0  Thanks Jim for bringing your son Nathan and his friend Jacob.  They are both fine young men.

Congratulations to Mark for your well-earned patch, and also to Mark and Vi's son, Joe!  Two weeks ago Mark and Vi's other son, Sam, shot Rifleman at Wilmore.  That makes 3 Riflemen from one family!  In addition, Mark and Vi's daughter Olivia shot a 208!  Knock-knock!  Down the road a little ways, Mark and Vi may have their very own Rifle Company!   Well done.  Thank you Vi for your help with photography (looking forward to your pictures of the shoot), and your hospitality with your fine cooking skills.  Also thanks for counting targets for me.  :cool2:

Also, Kentucky officially has a new Orange hat, RimfireRifleman, and a new Blue hat, Slugger05!  Thanks to both of you for stepping up and helping throughout the weekend.  You both will be a great asset to the mission!

Sandy and Cheryl, thank you for inviting us to your home range and making this shoot happen, and thank you for bringing Draven along.  And Draven; it was a pleasure to meet you, and I apologize for the oversight when handing out youth patches.  :-[ Be sure to check your mailbox this week.

Howard and Susan, thanks for coming out as well.  I hope we see you both again soon.  See how many 912ers you can get to come out!  Malcom, it was nice meeting you. And Dick, I see improvement in you since a year ago.  Thank you both for coming.  Anne, thank you for coming, and I hope you get your rifle issues worked out.  I hope to see you on the line again.

Thank you Marty for coming and for bringing Hanna.  It was a pleasure meeting you both and I hope you attend another shoot real soon.  Special thanks to Marty for volunteering as EMS, and special thanks to Hanna for motivating me to clean my Marlin 795.   ::)

Trefor, it was a pleasure meeting you, and thanks for the Sunday afternoon post-shoot help.  Let's talk about a shoot for your youth and others at your church.  Tom, thank you for coming out and waiting patiently on the "stand-by" list Saturday morning.  I'm glad we could get you in.  I hope to see you again at another shoot.  Tony, thank you for shooting with us, and for unlocking the clubhouse.  I hope you can put in a good word for Appleseed with the other members of the board, and that we can return next year (or maybe this winter for a "Winterseed"?).  Thanks to your club for hosting us!

Forgive me if I have forgotten any shooters.  Finally, thanks to our fine Instructor crew: Andre (for coming from Indiana), Boadicea, Bryan, Sam and Kris.  You all did a fine job and I look forward to working with each of you again.  Everyone is encouraged to post up about your Appleseed experience.  I will get pictures added ASAP.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

MarkMyWords

I'll have to echo my family's sincerest gratitude to the Mercer County Club for allowing us the use of their range for the weekend!  It really was a great spot for an Appleseed, and I trust this venue will serve to hammer out many more future riflemen in freedom's forge!  Again, we all received superb training and encouragement that finally "clicked" for many of us this time around.  For any instructor's reading this:  Don't ever think your efforts are made in vain! Your patience,  persistence and sacrifice really do make a lasting difference in the lives of those who attend!

MORE SUPPORT IN LIBERTY'S CAUSE

ALL READY ON THE FIRING LINE!

How do you line up stock Ruger sights?  (Mount a scope over them!)  Just kidding, Andre! -well, kind of anyway...

SHOOT LIKE A GIRL - IF YOU CAN!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

THREE NEW RIFLEMEN!

Our awesome Photographer / Culinary Expert / Cheerleader - SHE ROCKS!!!!

Young Patriots with their patches!

YES -  ANDRE WAS HERE!

OUR INSTRUCTORS - PATIENT & PERSISTENT

AND A FINAL GROUP PHOTO

Unbridled Liberty

Vi, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the great pictures!   O0
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

thebluegrasskid

I am new to this so I may be doing this wrong.  I am Marty, Hanna's dad.  Do you still have my email address?  thebluegrasskid_2000@yahoo.com  I love your photos. 

THREE NEW RIFLEMEN!

Our awesome Photographer / Culinary Expert / Cheerleader - SHE ROCKS!!!!

Young Patriots with their patches!

YES -  ANDRE WAS HERE!

OUR INSTRUCTORS - PATIENT & PERSISTENT

AND A FINAL GROUP PHOTO

[/size][/color]
[/quote]