News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wells, MN Sept. 15-16, 2012

Started by BuzzG, September 18, 2012, 12:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuzzG

11 shooters answered the muster drum on Saturday for our 4th shoot here in Wells, MN. Thanks go out the the Wells Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting this event. Once again, Dale was there bright and early to open the club and get coffee going. This was the first shoot without rain but we still had the wind.  :( We just tied everything down and went on.

After getting the first Redcoat target scored, the shooters started soaking up the instruction and made great improvements over the weekend. We had 5 new youth shooters, 3 new adult shooters and 3 who had shot at a previous Appleseed.

We forged 4 new Rifleman on Sunday.   :bow:

Jerry -  215
     Dee -   212
     Dave -  212
     Bethany - 214 x2

Jerry

Dee

Dave

Bethany

Brian had a solid 209 and will earn his Rifleman patch at the next shoot for sure. Tanya was very close also and can most definitely "shoot like a girl" Michelle is right there too. Great job you guys.

Our youth shooters showed a huge amount of progress over the weekend. Way to go Nick, Noah, Rachael, Bethany, and Enoch (who joined us on Sunday)

Nick

Noah, Rachael, Enoch, Bethany

What a great weekend to be at an Appleseed. Thank you all for spending your weekend with us.

BuzzG

BuzzG

Here are a few more pictures of the weekend. Thanks Dee for sending along your pictures.

xl_target

Thanks Buzz and Shawn for conducting the meet.
Though a little sore today, I had a great time.
Now I need to get my Icicle patch!

JOEMORGAN

Congrats to all the new Riflemans...Dee  good job !      O0  ....we met you in Wells in May. 

Buzz looks like everyone had a great time
Great pics....
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

desprado

Tanya, Nick and I all had a great time and met a lot of great people.   We are already starting to plan our next Appleseed to further our journey.   

Monday morning required another dose of "vitamin I", but it was all worth it.

Thanks again for all the help and both Buzz and Shawn did a great job on the story telling and instruction.
Jerry

desprado

oh, and thanks again Dee for sending the pictures!

xl_target

Thanks Joemorgan,

Desprado, you're welcome.

Kosciusko

Wells without rain really isn't Wells.

looks like Buzz ran another good shoot

congrats to all.

RustyRed

Well Buzz look like you had a Great bunch of shooters
Keep thoses young ones shooting
Congrats on the Riflemen
dry fire dry fire

AFTERMATH

Way to go Buzz & Co.!

That makes 7 new Riflemen for MN this weekend!

Huzza!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]