News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Piru, CA Sept 15/16, 2012

Started by gonejohnny, September 17, 2012, 07:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonejohnny

Another great weekend in beautiful Piru, Ca! Although the heat seemed to keep most away, five brave souls descended to our range to show the absolute best in attitude, heart, willingness and spirit.

Saturday morning, the Red-Coat targets were victorious - with not even one qualifying score out of the lot... But a journey is as a journey does and this was all very temporary. By the end of Saturday, the Red-Coats didn't stand a chance with all shooters qualifying with remarkable skills and vast improvement. Most qualified at 400 & 300... including a "Bonus Box" as a way to pay their respects to Morgan's boy of long ago... An little after-hours action showed yet another Red-Coat just devastatingly cleared...

Way to go guys! I'm sure that Dano will have more to report from Sunday and Foppish Dandy will be handy with the pictures soon!

Thanks to Dano, Foppish Dandy, Gratefuldog & MR B for allowing me along for the ride! Nothing quite like an Appleseed weekend!

Till next time!
- GoneJohnny

Dano

Well Johnny you missed a nice day Sunday! Weather cooled of to a low 95° and was quite comfortable! We had six shooters, Joe a walk on who has never been to a Saturday Appleseed. He hit the ground running and I was pretty sure he was going to make a score but he missed by 20 points or so. Jerry a return from Saturday did well until the heat got to him at the end. His first AQT was a good one with a 98 slow fire prone. I think the next weekend he is there!

We also had Doug who turned in a few 203's! Steve was doing well but not quite there along with John. I think all three of these guys will make it on the next one.

Willie Lam was also back and turned on few nice scores.

I want to thank everyone for coming out and helping Mr. B. (IIT3) Congratulation! Foppish Senor Dandy and Grateful Dog all made it a fine day.  All of these guys pulled out the stops for the Sunday history it was awesome!

Dano
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

Ventura-Steve

Guys, I had a really great time this weekend.  My girlfriend really wants to attend in October. I can't wait to come back with friends and qualify as Rifleman.

The instruction was awesome, some of it marksmanship related.

Sunday I never did dial it in.  As much as I would like to blame it on the rifle, I know better.  Sam aggreed, there is a 99.9% chance the problem is between the trigger and the mat  :)

My red coat from Saturday afternoon wasn't so bad...
I'll be back and I'll see you guys again.  Thanks for EVERYTHING!

Psych Doc

Wow Steve! With shooting like that you will earn that patch in no time. Sounds like another great weekend at Piru.  O0

gratefuldog

Great shoot! Where are the pics, Sam?!

MR B (549)

What another fine weekend .....Hot as can be yet we had a great bunch of dedicated souls show up .Thanks everyone for sticking it out through the heat ..Jerry and Doug are real close to scoring but what impressed me most was the growth I witnessed throughout the weekend rather than the pursuit of the patch . It was a pleasure teaching Steve , Willie , Jd et al  and me oul mucker JB who showed up on Sunday ...keep up the great work ...Practice Practice Practice! Yeah Sam where are the pics?
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

Ventura-Steve

Mr. B, I can't thank you enough for letting me shoot your rifle on the first day.  It was a big deal for me and really let me relax with the rifle and get the most out of the day.  Thanks MUCH!