News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Audubon, PA Sep 15-16, 2012 AAR

Started by GEmanuel, September 17, 2012, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GEmanuel

What an absolutely beautiful weekend!
The weather was about as perfect as it could possibly be with sunny skies and temperatures in the low 70s both Saturday and Sunday.
Congratulations to John and Ken on scoring Rifleman on the AQT. John was the first and Ken followed on the very next round. Great job.
Ken also cleaned his Red Coat and was awarded a 1st Pa Rifles Patch as well.
Everyone showed improvement, and our youth shooters were a joy to see on our lines once again.
Thanks to all of you who attended. A special thanks to RobbNJ for coming up from Vineland to help out with the Instruction.
Thanks also to Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club for once again hosting us and making Project Appleseed welcome.
Picture will follow shortly, post em if you have any, and thanks again for a great shoot.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

GEmanuel

A few pictures with more to follow
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

Quarterbore

Thanks for a great time and helping me to shoot better!  My kids are already talking about the next time they shoot Appleseed and my daughter is still showing everybody how she shot smaller groups then I did  O0  My son in return said next time she has to try it without the bipod or scope, funny how quick she said "No Thank You!" 

Lower Providance Rod and Gun certainly did have a very nice facility and I would like to share my thanks for them hosting us!

Ken
My guns are not worth your life, but freedom and liberty are worth mine

GEmanuel

A few more pictures. If you have any, feel free to post them please.

GEmanuel

q
m

Quarterbore

I want to repeat my tanks to George and Rob.  This is my favorite photo from the day!

RobbNJ

I really enjoyed myself as well Ken. Thanks for posting the photos.
This was my first AS as an IIT and although young Jessica had "been shooting since kindergarden" I enjoyed helping her improve. Congratulations to you for earning your two patches that day! The video of your happy dance is giving me some grief and for some reason I'm having trouble getting it to play. I'll continue to tinker with it and if I can get it to work I'll post it.

Thanks also to George (GEmanuel) for teaching me the ropes and allowing me to call the line on Sunday.  It's obvious that George is an accomplished Shoot Boss and his telling of the three strikes as well the additional background history was impressive and captivating. 

Ken, I look forward to seeing you and your family in the future on the Appleseed Trail. Perhaps when next we meet you'll be wearing an orange hat too.

Additionally, after looking at your last picture post I see I'll need to improve my "chicken wing" for my next demo.
Character matters in all things.

JohnnyRingoLee

Great day indeed. It was great seeing George again and meeting Rob. Congrats Ken on getting both your patches. I will try again in October or November for the 1st PA patch and finally slay that dragon. I also went through my video footage and have Ken's happy dance. I will try to put a nice soundtrack on it and post if you'd like.

Quarterbore

I didn't get to explain the "Happy Dance" well at the shoot.  On Saturday we shot an AQT and I scored a 137 but it was not timed and we didn't do transitions so it didn't count.  My kids were asking if I were happy with that score and I expressed if I could do as well or better on Sunday that they would see me do a "Happy Dance".  Well, I managed to shoot a 138 and my kids were sure not going to let me forget my promise to do a Happy Dance  ..:..

I'd love to see how foolish I looked and hey if I manage to shoot in the 140s at an Appleseed in the Future I will work on a better dance for that event!

JohnnyRingoLee

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zVnAaGPeV5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GEmanuel

Great job John Lee. Gotta love it. Put that man on "So you think you can dance"