News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania, September 15-16, 2012

Started by Charles McKinley, September 17, 2012, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

Another beautiful weekend at Slippery Rock Sportsmans Club, thank you for the use of your great range.

A great group of Americans turned out to improve their Marksmanship and learn about their Heritage.

Thanks to Brickhouse for comming up to help us out on this busy weekend in western Pennsylvania.

It was a very productive weekend with Bruce not only getting over the hump and scoring Rifleman but stepping up and taking an Orange Hat!

Everyone made good progress as shown by the Red Coat targets.

More to come later,

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

brickhouse

Thanks all for a great weekend! Double click the thumbnails to get a full size pic.

Colleen, an 8 year old shooter, assists David with the ball and dummy drill

Stand had the crowd enraptured during the telling of the third strike of the match.

Hmmm.... maybe it was exhaustion not rapture.... Guys thanks for leaving it all out there. It was a pleasure to be with such hard working Americans.

Ahhhh, the very best for last. The long road to Rifleman comes to an end for Bruce. Congratulations!

And a new road is just beginning. Bruce stands up and takes a hat.

hmmm.... EZ3, I think we will need one those bucket-sized orange hats.  ;D

Oh, and Bruce- how's that IIT0 progress check coming? Please be sure to check your email.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm

EZ3

HUZZAH!  Congratulations, Bruce!  Wish I could have been there.  And thanks for stepping up and taking the HAT!

IIT pop quiz, who said "what we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly"?  Be proud of that patch, 'cause you WORKED for it!

Lee
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

bcurfman

Thanks Guys, I would not have made it (even persisted) without your help and encouragement.

Evil is made possible by the sanction you give it - Pamela Geller

"There are some who've forgotten why we have a military. It's not to promote war, it's to be prepared for peace." – Ronald Reagan

"A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass