News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso, Texas September 15-16, 2012

Started by Jerry Hall, September 17, 2012, 12:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

Out in the West Texas Town of El Paso We fell in Love with Appleseeding; Indoors at the El Paso Community College's Law Enforcement Training Academy!

Mario and his sons, Bill and Isac A returned along with Robert D, for their second Appleseed.
Boy Scouts; Issac C, Ian, Alex and Joel as well as Joel's mom Ana were all novice shooters.
Tom, Daniel and Kim, all moderately experienced shooters were also present for their first Appleseed.

Through side by side squares sighters to Green Coats we trudged our way through Saturday to complete the day with one AQT. Alas, no Rifleman was to be had today. Our ending Red Coat did show marked improvement overall.

Sunday began with a short sweet and to the point Safety lecture followed by a compressed version of the six steps of firing the shot as well as the steady hold factors for all the positions.

Then to the range for sighters, transitions and an AQT to score during lunch.

A fine lunch of Brave Women and Dangerous Old Men.
At the end of our lunch time, Kim was awarded the first and only Rifleman's Patch of the day. With a cursory inaguration in North Bridge Water for a score of 210.

As we scratched and clawed the the AQT Grind kim repeatedly produced a Rifleman's score.
Ana, Tom, Chris and Glen were knocking hard at the door, to no avail.

As always, our most sincere thanks to the fine folks at the EPCC LETA for the use of this State of the Art facility.

Our parting was a little emotional, as happens, when we find kindred spirits and make new friends.
Friends we're sure to see again on the Appleseed Trail.

"...till we meet again...", Hapy Trails!!!!

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

daniel17319

Great AAR, it was a great shoot. I hope to attend the next one soon.

Carlson

I had a wonderful time as always.  This was my first Appleseed as an IIT.  I hope I did well.   This was also the first Appleseed for my wife, Kim, whom I am very proud.  She scored an Expert score not once, but three times on Sunday.  I'm looking forward to more shoots in the great American southwest.   Many thanks to Jerry Hall, Duc-dog, Appleseedwidow, and Andy. 

Here are some highlights since  :pics:

All of our Young Awakened Americans:

Chris and his Son Alex, with Robert.

Shoot Boss Jerry coaching Alex.  Chris (Far Left) and Robert (Foreground)

daniel17319

Kim C. getting presented with a Rifle(Wo)man patch on Sunday.

Kim C.  seconds before being baptized in the water from the North Bridge

oladcock

Looks like a good time was had by all! Good job! Jerry, let Marty do the singing! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

duc-dog

I have to admit, West Texas pretty much has it together.  Not a high rifleman count for any given shoot but they stick with it and keep coming back.  It was good to see all of the kids learning our heritage and keeping marksmanship a part of that heritage.  Just as important, it's good to see parents involved with the instruction of their progeny.  A great group of shooters, students and instructors alike. 
Until next time,
   Hold hard, and favor center
                        Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

AndyFong

Some snapshots from the left side of the line. (Shooting the indoor range at the end of summer is a GOOD thing!)

Shoot like a girl!  Kim & Ana

Riflewoman Kim baptized w/ COLD North Bridge water

Joel, Tom and Ana (L to R) firing AQT Stage 1

Kim, Joel, Ana and Tom (L to R) firing AQT Stage 2

Young patriot Joel

Appleseed Widow

What a great weekend.  I am proud to say us women were WELL represented by both Kim and Ana.  I was so proud of Kim becoming a riflewoman Sunday morning.  Ana had never touched a rifle and put many of us to same with her group size. 
As always, I was so happy to see our Boy Scouts come out and do so well.  We had parents right there supporting their children and sharing in our American Herritage........that is what it is all about.....you parents are preserving our future society with the time and energy you are pouring into your children.  As a fellow American, I thank you for taking the job of parenting to heart.
I hope to see you all at the next shoot.  Remember Roswell is just around the corner.......

Margie

AndyFong

Quote from: Appleseed Widow on September 20, 2012, 09:39:53 AMAna had never touched a rifle and put many of us to shame with her group size. 
I hope to see you all at the next shoot.  Remember Roswell is just around the corner.......

Ana received and applied the instruction very well; she was returning from downrange with repeatable 3 MOA groups.  But the time-limited stages and magazine manipulations challenged her a bit; that's what practice is for.

Roswell is just around the corner, 1st October weekend and 1st November weekend.