News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD Sept 15-16, 2012

Started by BeSwift, September 16, 2012, 08:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Another picture perfect Appleseed in Annapolis! Saturday, saw a full line with 15 shooters with a wide variety of shooting experience. All shooters gave it their all, and showed MARKED improvement over the course of the day.
Weather could not have been any better with weather sunny, mild and in the 70's. The day ended with time for 2 AQT's completed, but no new Rifleman.  An added side benefit of the days shoot, was that the club Bull Roast was held during the class, so EVERYONE got their grub on, with amazing food for a nominal fee..

Sunday saw another full line, but got off to a bit of a rocky start, as the Shoot Boss   ::) got held up at a Range orientation at another potential Appleseed range. Carl B SBIT, and NavyIrish, handled the delay with grace under pressure, and did all of the introduction, safety brief, and knocked out the 3rd strike, while awaiting my arrival. Once fully staffed the shoot went well, with more progress made, 1 new Rifleman, and 2 requals... Several other are well on their way and I'm confident they will continue their journey to becoming Rifleman. There were no significant safety issues.  I suspect we'll see some of these folks again on the line soon, and that they took message of Appleseed to heart...

Lets hope the weather holds up this well, for the remainder of the Fall Anappleseeds! Many thanks to all the students, instructors (Carb B and NavyIrish  O0) and the host club AAFG for another great shoot! See everyone in October...    BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations