News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Carmi, IL - September 15-16, 2012

Started by dond, September 16, 2012, 07:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Early Sunday morning -

Beautiful weather on Saturday. And 12 eager shooters who were anxious to learn more about marksmanship and history. All but two were first time Appleseeders. One of these first timers scored a 220 and is anxious to become an OH. Another first timer earned a 196. We can't wait to see what happens today.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

olefido

Don and Sara, Thanks for a good weekend. I really had a lot of fun and I finally felt like I made some progress this time. See you at Marion.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

ckeen

Great weekend!  I can't thank Don and Sara enough.  Rifle instruction was great and I'll be sure to order a copy of Paul Revere's Ride on my next book order.  I got started in shooting later in life and had gotten sucked into the belief that acceptable accuracy required a scope and lots of after market parts.  I'm really glad I stuck with the Appleseed theme and shot with a Liberty Rifle and bulk ammo.  My 10 year old daughter had a great time, and her improvement was remarkable.  Her first target scored a 67 and her last was a 173, pretty impressive for 2 days of work.  We were hoping to make it to the shoot in Marion, but my daughter broke her finger today so I think our season is over.  We will definitely be back next year.

dond

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's finger ckeen. We look forward to you and your daughter returning.

Sunday was indeed a good day. Nine of the 12 shooters on Saturday returned. The remaining 3 were a family who could only attend one day, but they made Saturday shine. The father shot a Rifleman Score and I'm convinced the mother could have too, but she became tired and had to retire before the AQT was shot. And the son did remarkably well without a sling. The father is anxious to take on an OH at his next shoot, which will be soon. Several scores were in the 180s and 190s, and even 200s. And then another shooter shot a Rifleman Score. Yet another shooter was doing very well but couldn't attain a Rifleman's Score just yet because of a back problem. He took a BH and will exchange it for an OH when he shoots the Score. And that won't be long in coming.

Four youth shooters attended and did very well.

Another item should be mentioned: of the twelve shooters, only two had been to an Appleseed before. And the highest scores were shot by the new people.

Club members were fantastic. A couple came out Friday afternoon to help set up. Another couple came and took lunch orders Saturday and Sunday and learned some of the history. Another member shot with us and was a great help.

I think some pictures will follow.

A good day indeed.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

RedFox24

Well after three tries, I got the pictures posted.............. :wb:

Dont know what the problem was but this time they stuck O0

Here are our two Rifleman from Carmi 2012!!   ^:)^
"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC