News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ARR: Rochester, MN. September 15-16, 2012

Started by AFTERMATH, September 15, 2012, 11:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

You should be at this Appleseed!  (Cause it's better than the others.) >:D

Just kidding, how could I know that.  Aftermath hasn't really mastered the art of being in two places at once, or has he?

Anyway day one is done 'n we're ready for the next one.

&)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

vmt193

OK, back to work stiff and sore! It must mean another successful Appleseed is in the books.  :~

Judy should be along shortly with some pictures.

I always here Sean Hannity greet callers to his radio show with, "You're a great American". He needs to get to an Appleseed so he can put a face to what Great Americans actually look like! You guys were a great group of shooters and that always makes it a lot of fun for the instructors. Thank you. :bow:

There were so many of you, Hiromi, Tara, Mike, Gordon................that are so close to that Rifleman score that I'm sure it's only one or two small things that will put you over the top. You might be slacking on one of the 6-Steps or it might just take a change in ammo to something your rifle likes better. Keep at it and I hope to see you back on the line in the near future.

To the Boyz: Slow down!  ~~:) You have the rapid transitions and mag changes down pat. Now practice using the other half of that 55 & 65 seconds and go for quality shots over quick ones.

And don't forget that 7th step, let your family and friends know about the Rochester WinterSeed coming up in a couple months.  @@)

Mike

Judy222

Judy222

Point of aim instruction.

History talk over lunch... the first strike

Saturday line left

Saturday line right

Red coats in hand. Who will shoot before being bayoneted?

I have the hang of this now... more pictures to come.

Judy222

Our team winners

Rifleman #1

Rifleman #2

And last but not least Rifleman #3

Our youth shooters did awesome.

It was a great weekend.  With great weather.  My first (of what I hope is many more) as applecore helping with admin.  That is if shoot boss's want to keep me.  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/Smileys/newsmileys/bowdown.gif

JOEMORGAN

Congratulations to the new Riflemen...way to persevere. Great pics Judy. Looks like everyone had a great time  :)
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Kosciusko

congratulations to all, and thanks to the instructors and volunteers  for yet another successful shoot

new Riflemen:  welcome to a select fraternity/sorority

with a state population approaching 5.5 million, the list of Minnesota Rifleman does not exceed 200 souls

No pic of Minnesotas newest  orange hat taking the plunge?

a special congratulations and thank you to gmw, a Rifleman many times over, and our newest  IIT.

k

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Kosciusko on September 18, 2012, 05:14:57 PM

congratulations to all, and thanks to the instructors and volunteers  for yet another successful shoot

new Riflemen:  welcome to a select fraternity/sorority

with a state population approaching 5.5 million, the list of Minnesota Rifleman does not exceed 200 souls

No pic of Minnesotas newest  orange hat taking the plunge?

a special congratulations and thank you to gmw, a Rifleman many times over, and our newest  IIT.

k

Oh, he's in there alright!  His plunge was so fast that, well, even modern high-speed photography was unable to catch it!
You'll see him in the photos, doing demos and workin' the line!

Judy222, also plunged faster than a speeding bullet into her brand new Blue Hat!

3 new Riflemen, one new Orange Hat and one new Blue Hat!
Huzza!

The entire weekend went exceptionally well!  This can be attributed to the excellent staff, and eager shooters! 
Can't think of a better shoot to be sucked into!  I think we had about 25 shooters in all.  All made excellent progress and more than a few were knocking on the door.  Many new shooters and a few 2nd timers.  Not to be left behind, the SMSC Members put up a good showing - Composing half of the line! 
Our IIT's were the local BOTG, and put in a lot of work to promote this event - I believe it has and will continue to pay it's dividends in the future.  Only about 1800 members left guys! ;)

Thank you to all in attendance, and a special shout out to our new Riflemen!

The seeds of Liberty have been sowed. 
It's up to you to make sure to water them and watch them grow!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

gmw

I seem to always be late posting pictures ::)

From Saturday:

gmw

From Sunday:

gmw

It was a good shoot!  The caliber of folks that come to Appleseeds is always encouraging.  Thanks to all who participated and instructed!

Kosciusko, ah, the plunge was taken prior to the shoot ;)  AFTERMATH--or maybe it was Cully?--made me pay for taking so long by having me be RSO for 3 hrs straight on Sunday!  On the bright side, it drummed the process into my head :)

One IIT0 anecdote: I was on the line and vmt193 told me to help one shooter, Tara, with her sling.  Well, I hadn't attempted to explain it to anyone before--I sling up on autopilot--and to top it off, she's left-handed.  Panic!!  Fortunately Woody was close by to make sure I didn't get it backward.  Trying to teach someone is a sure way to find out how well you understand something yourself!

See you guys on the trail.

Kosciusko

"Trying to teach someone is a sure way to find out how well you understand something yourself!"

EXACTLY!

FreedomV

Thank you to a great group of students who came out to sharpen perishable marksmanship skills!
Thank you Judy222 and GMW for taking and posting pictures.
FV
Illegitimi non carborundum

AFTERMATH

Don't worry about posting late pictures - It bumps the AAR up to the top every time. @)