News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Full-Distance ranges in your state?

Started by ItsanSKS, September 12, 2012, 09:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

To all Appleseeders:

Trying to pull together the current Appleseed venues that offer distances in excess of 300 yards.  If your state has one, please respond to this thread with the range name*, maximum distance available, and the number of shooters that it can accommodate at one time. 
*= Please list the range name as it appears on eventbrite

Thank you for your prompt attention,

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Two Wolves

-----------------------------------DAVILLA--------------------------------

Has 600 yd capability. I don't know how many shooters the line will hold but I will be able to tell on Monday. We have an Instructor KD this weekend.   :~

:cool2: Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

ItsanSKS

Thanks TW!  Let me know what you come up with for max capacity.

If nothing else, a good metric to use for KD is 1 shooter per 4" of berm.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

technoronin

Quote from: ItsanSKS on September 12, 2012, 11:52:54 PM
Thanks TW!  Let me know what you come up with for max capacity.

If nothing else, a good metric to use for KD is 1 shooter per 4" of berm.
Insert "This is Spinal Tap" reference here....

I think you mean one shooter per four feet of berm.

ItsanSKS

WOW!  Umm, yeah.  1 shooter per four FEET of berm. 

scuzzy

Quote from: Two Wolves on September 12, 2012, 10:28:01 PM
We have an Instructor KD this weekend.   :~

Yeah, can't wait to see all y'all out there. Youse guys are the best I know in this great State of Texas.

I'll be out tomorrow afternoon with Chuck.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Two Wolves

The Range in Davilla is officially a 500yd KD range and can hold 17 shooters. Lot's of great American's out there this weekend. Thank you Floyd. ~ Two Wolves

You can take a Marine out of "his" country, but you can't take "his country" out of the Marine.

kowboygunsmith

The San Angelo Gun Club will soon have a 500 yard range. Renovations are under way that when finished will give us 1 500 and 2 300 yard ranges. There are details posted on sanangelogunclub.org  We have hosted a few appleseeds (thats where i earned my patch) but since our nearest local instructor moved we have not had any events.
"Dolor Temporarius, Gloria Aeterna, Cicatrices Virgines Placent"

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

The process has begun to re-introduce Appleseed to the Ft Bliss Rod an Gun Club in El Paso, Texas.
There is 1(one) Range(#5) with a 1000yd capability(50 shooters).
Range #6 has a 600yd backstop, this will be the Range that we will be using(30 shooters).
There are others with 300yd capabilities.
Rumor has it that there may be a Range opening with an 1800yd capability.

More to follow.

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

scuzzy

Quote from: Jerry Hall on February 01, 2013, 01:28:37 PM
Howdy All,

The process has begun to re-introduce Appleseed to the Ft Bliss Rod an Gun Club in El Paso, Texas.
There is 1(one) Range(#5) with a 1000yd capability(50 shooters).
Range #6 has a 600yd backstop, this will be the Range that we will be using(30 shooters).
There are others with 300yd capabilities.
Rumor has it that there may be a Range opening with an 1800yd capability.

More to follow.

Jerry

Thanks for getting that going. We sure need to get all them Texans out to a shoot. You know the ones I'm talking about, the ones that already know how to 'shoot.' Ha.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.