News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY, AAR - Sept. 8-9, 2012

Started by Unbridled Liberty, September 11, 2012, 07:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

On Saturday, 13 great Americans showed up for another great shoot at the world-famous Knob Creek Range!  7 shooters returned for more marksmanship fun and education on Sunday.

Ross & Karen, it was my distinct pleasure to meet you both, as well as your two wonderful children!  Kara, you are an exceptional young lady and a crack shot!  I have not seen the Redcoat target cleaned in quite a while, and never by a lady of your age.  Congratulations!  Practice the positions with that sling, and I look forward to awarding you your Rifleman patch very soon.  Gabe, what can I say?  You are the man!  When you run for President someday, you will have my vote!   I see a Rifleman patch in your future as well. 

David, good to see you again and thanks for bringing your wonderful daughter Violet!  Once you get the kinks worked out of that rifle, I believe you will earn the patch.  Semper Fi.    Violet, I saw tremendous improvement in your shooting in just two days. I prescribe dry fire practice and practicing mag changes. 

It was good to see Blair and Don again, sans motorcycle this time!  Keep at it Blair, you are so close.  Ian, Kari and Keilan; thanks for coming out and I hope to see you all again very soon.    Nice meeting you John and thanks for bringing the big-boy .30 cal battle rifle.  I do like the sound of freedom ringing on the line!  Chris and Chris; thanks for coming out as well and I hope you can make it to another shoot very soon.

Thank you to Barbie, Slow2Speak and Mudcat for making it very easy for me once again.  Thanks for thinking outside the box Barbie!  You are very creative and will be an excellent Instructor and Indiana Promotions Coordinator!  Slow2Speak, I have never seen anyone better with the youth.  You have a tremendously positive impact on them.  Mudcat, your depth of experience and knowledge is an Appleseed treasure.  It was a pleasure working with you all.

Please post your pictures and tell about your Appleseed experience everyone. 

Long live LIBERTY!

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mudcat

HUZZAH!! What a great time with friends old and new and families! That is what I like about this is the families on the line.It was a pleasure working with you all this weekend. I saw lots of fellow Patriots on the line and soon to be Riflemen and Riflewomen on the horizon. I hope to see all of you back again soon.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

MoonShadow

As for my household, we shall be back soon.  Depending on how the spousal unit responds, maybe on Halloween weekend.  This time I'd be bringing both of the older kids.  It's the idea of leaving my wife alone with three other kids under 5 for an entire weekend that limits my authority to commit.

Barbie

Definetely a great weekend to border raid our neighbors to the south... and you couldn't ask for better weather!  (Even Lake Appleseed started to shrink away on Sunday!) 

It was a pleasure to work with everyone, both students and instructors.  Hope to see ya'll again soon  :)

Folks, check back for pictures... I'll be posting them tomorrow or Friday  O0

~ Barbie
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Slow2Speak

Hey shooters had a great time this past weekend hope you did to you were another great bunch to work with.
No  matter where I go to an appleseed its good people that are there and Kentuucky is no exception take what you learned and apply it with some dry practicing it dont cost a thing then come back again. there were several of you that will no doubt have a patch to take home at your next appleseed thanks for coming and hope to see you all again remember to tell some friends about appleseed and get them to come this country aint gonna save itself its up to us we are the posterity the founders talked about.

:pics:

Hey Barbie wheres them Pics I got my pocorn ready :pop:

Barbie

Quote from: Slow2Speak on September 13, 2012, 03:52:17 PM
Hey shooters had a great time this past weekend hope you did to you were another great bunch to work with.
No  matter where I go to an appleseed its good people that are there and Kentuucky is no exception take what you learned and apply it with some dry practicing it dont cost a thing then come back again. there were several of you that will no doubt have a patch to take home at your next appleseed thanks for coming and hope to see you all again remember to tell some friends about appleseed and get them to come this country aint gonna save itself its up to us we are the posterity the founders talked about.

:pics:

Hey Barbie wheres them Pics I got my pocorn ready :pop:

No pictures til I get some BBQ!!!!    &)

~~~ Gotta download them on a cd first... camera isn't cooperatin' with me.  They'll be up tomorrow~~~
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Barbie

Ok, finally gettin' these posted for ya'll.... 
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Barbie

and more......
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Barbie

a few more...
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com