News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Miamisburg Ohio Ladyseed Sept 8/9

Started by Ratchett, September 11, 2012, 06:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

What a fantastic weekend! Saturday morning started out a little soggy from the storms that went through Friday night, but dried off before noon and the weather was absolutely B_E_A_UTIFUL the rest of the shoot.

6 patriot women with learning attitudes smiles in their hearts, and one young patriot so full of energy came out to learn the art of rifle marksmanship and the importance of our American heritage.

Ladies, it was a pleasure working with each of you this weekend. It was a riot for me and I do hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much I as enjoyed sharing it with you!

While we did not have a new RIFLEWOMAN this weekend we had an amazing group all knocking on the door with 204, 205, 207 and everyone scoring over 160 on the AQTs by the end of Sunday.

Our one returning ASer, Ria (or Thelma1 of our 2 teams of Thelma and Louise) is so ready for an orange hat...we could have turned the line over and let her teach on-- how helpful she was with others on the line. She is just waiting to hit that coveted score. Close she is, ending the day with a 205 and then clearing the final redcoat of the weekend. See you one the line again soon Ria...the OH is waiting!

The designated sniper for the weekend was Elizabeth and was she ever a dead eye shot! She got the HS on the red coat target both days and improved her AQT scores right along with the adults. What a trooper, by Sunday's end, Ellie advanced from her pink Crickett to the semi-auto Ruger 10/22 AND was begging her mom to come back to the next Miamisburg shoot! How AWESOME is that folks...Daniel Morgan was smiling down, I know he was!

Laura, you did an amazing job this weekend. You showed great improvement with a rifle you had never used before, scoring 207 on the AQT and clearing the redcoat target. Fantastic job well done!!

Amy, (Louise1) shooting your personal best this week and if I remember correctly beating your husband's score   O0 O0 What a way to challenge each other, job well done! 

De, sorry we wore you out on Saturday but so glad you were out with us Sunday even if you were kinda captive---lol. You were showing really good improvement and I know you scores would have been right up there on Sunday. Thank you for helping watch the line and assisting with everything. Greatly appreciated. It is always heart warming to see a family on the line together! I do hope you are able to make it to another shoot, Piqua isn' t far and we can make some adaptive changes to help out. I do hope your elbow is better, the fluid has re-absorbed, and no infection present!!!

Annette,(Thelma2) my prima ballerina, keep that trigger leg parallel!!! LOL. Your laughter and attitude are way contagious. Seeing your improvement and watching those light bulbs going off makes every minute of our job worth doing! Seeing your confidence and empowerment grow with every course of fire down range was just amazing. Keep practicing those positions and trigger control (don' t forget a clicky ink pen for those boring meetings  ;) ) I hope I get to see you in Wilmington at the end of the month!

Joanna, (Louise2) so sorry we wore you out on Saturday! We sure did miss you on Sunday. You were doing very well and showing fantastic improvement. You accomplished a lot on Saturday. Practice the skills set and you will be just fine! Hope to see you on the line again!

Ladies, please each of you thank your husbands, dads, and significant others for having you so well outfitted for this shoot. You guys had everything you needed and were so well prepared. THANK YOU from all the instructors, you definitely made our job easy.

I cannot say a big enough thank you to my cohorts in crime, Brickhouse and Dangerous D, for long distance travel and time away from family to instruct and make this shoot hugely successful! you ladies rock too...

A huge Thank You to Miamisburg Sportsman Club for their continued support and partnering with Appleseed.

Finally, THANK YOU Meanstreaker for being our man behind the scene (otherwise lovingly known as a 'manslave'  ;) ) always checking to see if we needed anything and helping with set-up and tear down. We appreciate you greatly! BTW, you rocked that pink shirt!

I hope to see you all on the line in the future! Blessings to all...

In His grip,
ratchett

PS I apologize for not getting this up yesterday, but my internet was not cooperating  :(

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Ratchett

Ladies I forgot to add this to the last post--sorry!

This is the Blackhawk stock that was on the line this weekend, light weight and adjustable...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001Q88SUE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

Ratchett

Adding link for thread from shooters from this past weekend:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=31618.0

Thank you ladies!!

brickhouse

Finally, I am able to steal a little time to post some pics. [Double click on the thumbnail to get a full size shot.]

Thank you all for coming out. It was a hoot!
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - General George S. Patton Jr

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

http://www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm