News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando,FL

Started by alkeford, September 11, 2012, 01:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alkeford

This was a sold out event with walk on's. I must say all who participated showed That rifleman spirit. On sun our line was a bit shorter,but with the threat of rain and a two hr late start did not deter our fine patriots. We had two new rifleman MS. Lori and Big Country after 6 AS and 3,000 rds  well done SIR. A couple requalifiers One with a Bolt action (very nice Mr. Wood). I am happy to have been a part of this event. It would not have came off so smooth if not for my fellow Cadre thank you gentlemen. Here are some of the pics
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

308LIBERTY

This was my first Appleseed. Although I had no illusions about shooting Rifleman my first event, with top-notch instruction I sure came close (missing only by 2 points on the second day and only from screwing up the round count) On Saturday, the small targets were intimidating at first and I only managed a 136. I was all set to try a scope on Sunday, and would have if the rain storm hadn't flooded my camp the night before leaving my scope (and half my camping gear) waterlogged.

I didn't think I could hit the small targets consistently with iron sights, but I doubled my determination and really tried to absorb everything they had to teach. By the end of the second day, I had hit the 400 yard (scaled) targets at least 20 times in a row in back to back AQT's. The first time I put all 10 shots in the bottom row, I really felt like I had accomplished something. I've never even shot groups like that from a bench.

Overall, I feel the experience alone was worth more than coming away with a patch or not. I met some amazingly charismatic people with a strong passion for sharing both marksmanship knowledge and American history that every American should know, yet most never will. I definitely learned more in 2 days than I had in a lifetime.

Now that I have the confidence, with a little more practice, I know I could earn that patch. I'm already thinking about upping the ante and training with something more complex (like my Winchester 94 lever-action) Now THAT would be amazing fun.

I can't thank the instructors enough for their patience, charisma and dedication. I'm looking forward to shooting with you again.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

DwightC,
I know I can speak with confidence that we all considered it an honor and a privilege sir. You afforded us an opportunity to discharge our duty and debt to the Founders in passing forward their ideals and traditions. You'll make Rifleman easily at your next event and I hope I am there to cheer you on.  O0

In Liberty,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata