News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Berwick, Maine AAR, September 8-9, 2012

Started by TOMINCT, September 10, 2012, 09:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Another successful AS held at the North Berwick Rod and Gun club. Good weather, great students and several instructors turned out to show what persistence is about!

Saturday morning started with 10 shooters and help by Franky 2 shoes and Lima Tango to get the ball rolling. The am redcoat netted 3 100 yard, 2 200 yard and one 300 yard shooter. When starting on fundamentals several miscellaneous equipment problems arose ranging from rifles that could not be sighted in to magazine release malfunctions. Several rifles were swapped out during the day. Even with all of the problems everyone hung tough with nary a complaint.

Through the course of the day's instruction and the final redcoat we had 5 100 yard, 3 200 yard and 1 300 yard shooters amongst us. We also had our first rifleman of the weekend, Jamin who shot a 214 on the first AQT. Great job!

Sunday started cool but comfortable with the entire Saturday group returning plus a walk on. And, our instructor corps changed to The Old Guide and Luigi to impart their wisdom on the unsuspecting.  After the morning redcoat and a review of the first day's instruction the AQT grind commenced.  The additional help made a difference with another rifleman, Roe, who made it with a 210 and a nice dousing of local spring water! He backed it up later with a 211.

Overall a very good and satisfying event. A big thank you to the North Berwick R&G for the use of their range and having the line covered, just in case. It made a difference! we look forward to holding events there in the future.

A special thanks goes out to the instructors that worked the event. They all came through on short notice with flying colors! Can't ask for much more than that! Regards, Tominct.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Lima Tango

Great group of students, great group of staff, and a great club.
Congratulations to the 2 Riflemen. To the others, please don't give up. Persist, persist, persist!
I hope everyone comes to another Appleseed and brings a friend!
Great job everyone!

-LT

PS I believe the Sat AM redcoat had 5 shooters who hit the 100

Franky 2 Shoes

Great group of shooters! Being a member of North Berwick I recognized some of the faces on the line. Bruce was kind enough to bring his employees and supply them with equipment. Steve did a super job on the barbeque for lunch and makes a good cup of coffee too. I was happy to see Lima Tango again and meet Tom in Ct for the first time.

Having Saturday for a day of "skill drills" and building into an AQT gave us more of an opportunity to asses and guide each shooter. I liked spending a bit more time on the squares which really showed us that the rifles were getting sighted in and the groups were shrinking. Everyone was showing improvement and having a good time. The covered line for shade and mild temperatures kept everyone comfortable and focused.

I'm already looking forward to the next shoot.

Franky 2 Shoes

The Old Guide

This was our second shoot at North Berwick. The club provides a temporary covered line for our shooters and it's a high quality facility. The East Coast heavy weather came through during the night Saturday and Sunday was clear. We had 10 first timers and all improved significantly with the second Rifleman on Sunday and one repeat with an improved score to seal the deal. This group really liked the history and we have two shooters who want to become IITs. All shooters helped knock down the covered line on Sunday. Nobody asked. They just pitched in. Great group.

TominCT deserves a persistance award for Shoot Bossing virtually every Maine shoot for the last three years. There are only two resident Red Hats in Maine.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

Luigi

Great group of shooters - all were open to instruction and persisted!

My first time at North Berwick- great club hospitality; the covered line and hot lunches were much appreciated.

I learned several things as an Instructor from both TOMINCT & THeOldGuide that I will definitely incorporate into my program back in NH, including how to customize SOF for where each shooter is at, and some fine points on History.  Good show!