News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, September 8-9, 2012

Started by Reformed Redneck, September 10, 2012, 07:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

To all,

This past weekend was another fine Appleseed in Coeur d'Alene. It was good to have the upper line filled to capacity on Saturday, and a pleasure to have FRGC's Directer, Bob, on the line shooting again.

The weather mostly cooperated with low 90's on Saturday, an opening shower on Sunday morning with high 70's in the afternoon.

Saturday was a normal ''drinkin' from the fire hose" day of instruction, and it's safe to say that everyone was ready for dinner by the end of the day. There was measurable progress made by all of the shooters.

Attendance on Sunday was pared down somewhat by the number of Saturday only shooters who were not slated to come back. This, coupled with a couple of additional instructors, allowed us to give more particular attention to the remaining shooters. By the end of the day, we had one new Rifleman. Congratulations to Rich who, despite not having a sling, managed to crack the Rifleman code.

I would encourage all of the remaining aspiring Riflemen to continue to practice and implement the techniques we taught you this weekend. Persistence will indeed pay off. And don't forget the heritage you were taught either. Tell someone else about what you learned.

Hope to see you all farther down the trail.

Pictures are, I am relatively sure, soon to follow.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."