News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake Village, IN, Sept 8-9, 2012 - AAR

Started by AuntieBellum, September 10, 2012, 06:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

What a FANTASTIC Appleseed!  I had a great time, and I'm pretty sure based on all the smiles I saw that lots of others did, too!  THANK YOU, Ed and Teresa for being such wonderful hosts and allowing us to use your beautiful range.  Your range + beautiful weather + dedicated Americans = the perfect weekend.  It was truly a pleasure to work with each one of you this weekend.  A great combo of returning Appleseeders and new ones (7th stepping at it's finest - keeping bringing those new people along!). 

Lots of congratulations are in order - Jason for achieving the rank of Rifleman, John for confirming his Rifleman status, NWIeng for earning his Red Hat, and everyone for making great improvements.  Several shooters showed some strong, steady improvements all weekend long.  Tom inching up 10 points at a time, Tommy discovering NPOA and his scores skyrocketing after, Brooke switching from stock irons to a scope for a 100+ point jump!  Brooke would've scored a 196 on one AQT without some extra help from a fellow shooter - now that's some good shooting.  I dug out a special prize for her at the end of the day, and I bet she's showing off that new pink hat to her friends and family everywhere she can.  Brendan - I was glad to see you back this weekend and happy to see you brought your mom along this time.  You rocked that bolt-action.  Keep at it - I have a soft spot for bolt-actions myself and I know how much work you're putting into each shot.

Thank you all for coming out and joining us this weekend.  Keep practicing, think about the sacrifices our founders made to secure the Freedom we enjoy today, and join us again next time.  We'll be back in Lake Village in April to celebrate April 19th in high fashion.  I even hear there's gonna be some awesome lunch plans and even more fun. 

Now, who's ready for some pictures?!  Stand-by for proof of those great big smiles!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Red Dog Leader

First off my son and I would like to thank you Auntie an especially NWIeng for his "personalized" coaching, and to your Dad and the other gentleman for giving your time to help us become better marksman.
Also to the hosts for the use of their property.

We had a great time and will be back....

Thanks, Tom & Tommy

AuntieBellum

You both great to work with.  I look forward to seeing you again.   O0

On a completely separate note: In the rush to pack home and get some rest after a long weekend, someone took home an extra Midway shooting mat.  NWIeng would love to have it back. It was attached to a camo rifle case in the back of Ed's truck at the end of Sunday, but it was gone when Jason went to retrieve his rifle and the attached mat he borrowed from his buddy.  Please send me a message when you find it, and we'll work out a way to get it back to him.  Thanks!

NWIeng

Where to begin?  Perfect Hosts - check.  Perfect Weather - check. Attentive Shooters - check.

I don't think I've ever been to a shoot where almost every shooter down the line had moments of greatness like this one.

Dan & Clayton:  Dan, you'll have a patch at your next one. I'd bet on it. Both of you caught up incredibly fast and carried yourselves very well.

Tom & Tommy:  I'm sure you both agree with the new skills learned and some practice, you'll be knocking on the door to rifleman in 2013. Tom, I bet next time you're out on the range set up on a bench, the ground will be calling out to you, begging you to sling up and go prone.

Dave:  Always love to see people rockin' the irons.  Excellent shooting.

Nick:  I don't think I've ever seen a shooter who's scores marched upwards every single AQT. You're enthusiasm after seeing the lessons work was contagious.

I think AuntieBellum covered most of the rest.  I hope to see every single one of our shooters back on the line.

NWIeng

Some pictures of the weekend...I'm sure there are more shots out there.

AuntieBellum

More pictures?!  Yeah, I think we have a few.   ;)

Repeat Rifleman John

New Rifleman Jason

Who just so happened to get 210 right on the money!

Youth patches for our attentive and engaged youth.

NWIeng earns his Red Hat!!!

AuntieBellum

Target Line

Firing Line, complete with tree the marks 25 meters exactly.  Ed likes to say he did that on purpose.   ;)

Stubborn Yankee tells us about some Dangerous Old Men.

This is how we shoot some steel.

Appleseed can help you make new friends.

AuntieBellum

Ball and Dummy

Team Shoot!  Look at those smiles!

AuntieBellum

Everyone worked super hard to put all of the fundamentals together.  Great job!

AuntieBellum

Iroquois

Wow , what a day. Gotta thank the guy in charge of the weather...better than the last two shoots. Also thanks
to Auntiebellum, James, Matt, Eric and all the participants that helped with the clean up and teardown of the canopy etc.
We got our first, first time rifleman at this one! Many more to come, starting in April 2013. Planning 3 more for next year.
I'm sure we'll see many come back...
              I have to say one thing. Hosting is the most fun I've had in years. Kinda like throwing a party with guns instead of
beer. I check out the register page daily two weeks before the shoot to see if anyone has RSVP'd us.
               I want to encourage anyone who has the opportunity to host an Appleseed to really consider it. The guy who
promoted this idea goes by the name Fred. He likes to say "get off the couch" All I gotta do is get off the couch and waddle back to the berm. Many of you folks have to travel hours to find an Appleseed, instructors even farther. So thank you for thanking me (and the wife). But the best thanks we get are safe shooters, who truly learn the history of our founding, and take home some skill they did not previously have. That and those ear to ear grins on everybody's face!

Bryant

Congrats NWIeng on the Red Hat  O0 & Congratulations to the riflemen  O0

Looks like a great shoot with great weather.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

bertman45

Thank you Amy, James, Matt, Eric, Ed, and Teresa for a great time.  It was my first Appleseed, and I learned a lot of things over the weekend and I had a great time!  Congrats to NWIeng on the Red Hat!  I'm really looking forward to going again and improving my scores. 
                      Jason :---