News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

PALMERTON,PA,, A.A.R. 08-09 SEP 2012

Started by sgtrock, September 10, 2012, 11:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

Palmerton Rod and Gun Club, Palmerton, PA

What a Glorious Day for America

It was a pleasure to be able to come to Pennsylvania and be a part of this event,, We had on our line a great group of folks that know, very well what they are about,,,

With the weather closing in on Saturday afternoon we wasted no time getting things done, starting our first AQT of the weekend, and the very dark storm clouds coming in fast, we pushed it to the 3rd stage and had to call it to get indoors, this storm was very intense,,, Our local Instructor for this range LiveFreeUSA (Angelo) knows the weather around here and his advice was a saving grace,,,,
  We finished out the day with more history, CMP opportunities and discussion, an M1 mini clinic,,,

With the arrival of Sunday we had blue skys and moderate temps with low humidity, it was a fine range day, With the morning review completed we shot the red coat and went to squares to confirm zero's and to zero new rifles coming to line,,, Then it was on to the AQT's throughout the day, vast improvement was made across the board, With 2 rifleman scores being produced The first one was Richard a repeat rifleman with a score of 226 and a New Rifleman Bob with a score of 212,,,,
  With 15 people on the line we had an array of rifles,,, AR's, 10/22's, M&P15/22's, a couple of AK's
a bolt gun Mark 2 ran by stevenk when he had a chance to get on the line...

We also had on our line a very sweet young Lady that goes by the name of Emily, at 9 years old she was our designated rifleman of the weekend and she shot a score of 132 and moved on to achieved a sharpshooter score as well,, She is also the daughter of our Newest IIT stevenk from New Jersey,,, His wife Melissa also shot all weekend long as well,, it was a pleasure to meet you folks, I hope to see you again.
  LiveFreeUSA had his 2 kids on the line for Sunday morning as well, Lucy and Angelo, shooting and have fun, with other committments they had to leave early afternoon Sunday, it is great to see young people on the line, after all,,, they are what we are trying to save this country for,,, our posterity,,,

It was a pleasure to meet and put faces to names of the instructors in this area,,,

Publican from the State College area of Pa, did the most amazing presentation of Hezekiah Wyman that I have seen in the 3 years I've been with Appleseed,, Great job Cork I can't wait to see what you come up with next,,,

I will add more later,, need to go thru my notes, and I have some pictures as well,,,

sgtrock

Publican

First let me start out by thanking all the great Instructors as well as our SB.

This is only my second AS as an IIT. Only having worked with one SB (Chainsaw) until now I figured - "Well, there is at least one like minded person in this part of the Country." I guess I was wrong!

Even though SgtRock is not "one of us PA folks" he was all right none the less **) Thank you SgtRock for for your kind words and helping me along my journey. I intend to STEAL what I can and add to my own bag of tricks ;) If I could find an easy way to upload all of that passion and knowledge, I would. I actually teared up a few times because I could "see and feel" the pain and loss our founders experienced.

Mt wife and I need to send out our heart felt thanks to Ang (LiveFreeUSA) for the initial warm welcome he gave us Fri PM. I have never been to this range nor have I met any of these people. Ang spotted us camping "as far as he had seen anyone in the field" away from the pavilions. When not engaged in work or AS, I/we am/are very......shy might be the best word. Ang IMMEDIATLY put us at ease and I am afraid we kept him chatting longer than he intended. His easy manner with other IIT's as well as the students IS an amazing thing to see. Keep up the great work and try to loosen up a bit ^-^  It was awfully hard dragging any information out of you.

The combined team of SteveK (another ITT) , Melissa and Emily was a truely carismatic , non stop bundle of fun and energy! Steve, it was a plesure meeting you and your family! Glad we are on the same team.

Christina (sp) was our other ITT. Thank you so much for my beginners course in sight adjustments on a rifle I had never touched before. Your knowledge of history and the guns at our shoot was invaluable. I still need to work on my I.M.C. A LOT MORE. Hopefully we meet again.

I hope those reading this can tell that if you ever get the chancce to work with thses folks - grab it!

It is so rewarding to see the attendees progress with their shooting skills. Even better to see their faces and hear their comments when some portion of the History strikes a cord deep within them ^:)^

Thank you to all those who came out and made it possible for us to pass it on!
"I regard giving as necessary to right the balance..." Hu Chung

"Things now every day begin to grow more and more serious" Lord Percy

"Please remember the 2nd Amendment each and every time you vote".....Cork

"I need to actively fight the external threat, so as not to become the internal threat!".....Publican

sgtrock

As promised here are some pictures,, for the forth time trying,,, this computer keeps shutting the program,, I'll posts in smaller bunches, as in run and gun,,,,

One of our young Patriots Emily, pretty tuckered out at the end of Saturday during the storm,,,

But she bounced back in full stride on Sunday

sgtrock

And to continue,,
Here is Vicky with her AR doing quite well, under the watchful eye of LiveFreeUSA, I am sure she'll be back, the improvement she did was outstanding,,It was nice to have met you,,

Here is Amy (Mrs Publican IIT) In stage one prep with Ryan M. to her left and Melissa (Mrs stevenk IIT),,, to his left,,,

sgtrock

Our riflemen

Repeat rifleman Richard

Our New rifleman Bob

sgtrock

I will try later to get more pictures up, I can't keep this thing from shutting down,, very frustrating and the window is closed right now,,,

I will like to say that, This instructor crew that was here is a group folks that the RWVA can be proud to have in their ranks
IIT3 Arrigetch
IIT2 LivefreeUSA
IIT1 Publican
and IIT stevenk
All you folks are welcome to come north a little ways to see our part of the country anytime you like,, our events will always be open for you,,,

Thank you again

sgtrock aka Steve Stoner

R1SGx2

Looks like a very nice shoot, seems Sgt Rock is spending a lot of time with the Pa. crew, hope not to lose him, as you see a good man.

Great pictures, the weather worked with you.

To both the instructors and shoots, very nice job, and to Palmerton Rod and Gun Club - THANK YOU for supporting Appleseed and help saving our nation,,,,
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

MK1765

Sgt Rock.. we are STILL talking about what a great time we had...oh, and BTW, Emily was VERY angry when I told her that I didn't think she could get a rifleman patch (even if she shot 210) b/c the didn't complete it with transitions. I told her that maybe she should create a junior rifleman's patch (sort of like Platz's PA patch for clearing the red coats...) She seemed to like that idea, but was still very bent out of shape over the idea that she wouldn't get the regular patch. LOL She had a great time and thank you SO much for your kind words and encouragement directed at her. It really made her eager to learn and want to come back. IN fact, she told me that she wants to do a WINTERSEED shoot!! Go Emily! (I think she liked Angelo's patch!!!)

We hope to see you again soon... it was a blast!

CiviSoldier

This weekend was an awesome time, and I can't wait to attend my next one.  A Winterseed perhaps?  Or travel to a Ladyseed!  I can't decide.  What I do know is next time I'm bringing a lighter AR and elbow pads!   O0.

Thank you Sgt. Rock, not only for heading a great shoot and instruction this weekend, but for making it memorable and fun!  You are a great asset to The Project.  It was a pleasure meeting you.

Shout outs to the RSOs and instructors as well.  You guys know your stuff, and make learning a ton of information in a short amount of time, easier to absorb.

I met some great shooters, great people, and I hope to see everyone again sometime soon!   ;D
V
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
When there is little hope
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far
Remember Who We Are" - Krista Branch