News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marshall,Mn Sept. 8-9,2012 AAR

Started by JOEMORGAN, September 10, 2012, 09:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOEMORGAN

A dedicated group of Americans gathered on a beautiful weekend in SW Minnesota A very windy Saturday forced the canopies to only last till mid morning. Much instruction and history were given and then off to the line.

Here's some pictures....much more insight and photos to follow...
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Kosciusko

On a windy  (soon to be much windier) Saturday morning, 6 brave shooters(Erik, Bob, Dylan, Annie, Megan [AKA mollyjo], and DebH)  2 IITs (JOEMORGAN and Habs) , and yours truly as Shoot Boss did convene at the Redwood River Sportsmens club, some miles outside Marshall, MN.

canopies were put up

Redcoats were shot.

squares were shot

as more squares were being shot, the canopies came down, voluntarily, before they were ripped down by 30+ mph winds

note to self:  those blinking red lights along the horizon are mounted on large windmills, the windmills are built here because it is very windy

instruction was imparted

we then broke for lunch where history was presented, JOEMORGAN  delivering a pretty good 2nd strike.  "pretty good" is  Minnesotan for actually better than pretty good

we returned to the firing line and greencoats were practiced  upon, the wind increasing steadily in the afternoon

thus ended Saturday

On Sunday, the wind abated, our brave band reassembled, augmented by Robert and Mary

AQTS were tackled, and shot, and shot

lunch was eaten, stories of Dangerous Old Men were  related by Habs and JOEMORGAN

scores began to rise, DebH  came within 2 point of a riflemans' score, then put it all together to claim  the prize w/ a score of 211    She also  claimed a blue hat, congratulations, and welcome DebH

Erik,  holder of both Rifleman and Winterseed Rifleman patches, also elected to take a blue hat, thanks and congratulations to both for volunteering.

first-timer Annie racked up a score of 196, followed by a 198, she vows to return

Dylan peaked in the 170's but has acquired an ROC and plans to make good use of it in the future.

Megan/mollyjo decided that 30 round banana mags are lots of fun in rapid-fire AQTs, even if you only get to load 20 rounds.  Dare I tell her they make 50 and 100 round drum mags for the Ruger 10/22?

The day wound to a close and a final Redcoat was shot, all participants being effective out to at least 100 yards, saving the shootboss from being bayonetted by the lobsterbacks.

thanks to JOEMORGAN and Habs for all  their  work, and also to Habs for getting the club to host Appleseed shoots

then, a 279 mile drive home and the writing of an AAR.

JOEMORGAN

Congrads to our newest Rifleman DebH   :)  .....and she's a blue hat!  We'll be attending this weekend both as AS volunteers.

Erik ....great shooting this weekend and thanks for stepping up w/ the blue hat.

Annie and Dylan.....keep it up...rumor has it Kosciusko has ordered more orange hats  O0

Megan(mollyjo) good job hanging in there all weekend....you're just getting started  :---

And Bob ....great display of working the bolt to perfection.....Robert & Mary hope to see you again on the trail

Thanks to Kevin and John..two great guys to work with...

and now some more photos..
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

JOEMORGAN

Final photos........

R1SGx2

JoeMorgan, very nice report, great pictures,

Shooters, you didn't let the wind stop you, worked on, good job,,,

QuoteAnnie and Dylan.....keep it up...rumor has it Kosciusko has ordered more orange hats
Keep working at it, we need the help.

Nice work by all.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

BuzzG

Quote from: JOEMORGAN on September 11, 2012, 12:59:17 AM
Congrads to our newest Rifleman DebH   :)  .....and she's a blue hat!  We'll be attending this weekend both as AS volunteers.

Erik ....great shooting this weekend and thanks for stepping up w/ the blue hat.

Whoo Hoo!   ^:)^  Way to go Deb! Thanks for taking the Blue Hat.

Eric: Thanks for your continued support of Appleseed! Hope to see you on the trail soon.

Buzz

DebH

I want to thank everyone for all the support.  I finally put it all together and I got my Rifleman's patch.  I wanted that so bad.  Did alot of practicing and tried to tie everything together through the things I have been taught.  This was AS#6 and it finally happened. 

By the way, I broke a bone in my foot 5 weeks ago and just found out today.  I am just thankful I shot my Rifleman's score before I went to the doctor, as I am in a boot for 3 - 4 weeks.  I look forward to seeing everyone on the trail with my new Blue Hat.  ^:)^

Deb H.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: DebH on September 11, 2012, 08:06:53 PM
I want to thank everyone for all the support.  I finally put it all together and I got my Rifleman's patch.  I wanted that so bad.  Did alot of practicing and tried to tie everything together through the things I have been taught.  This was AS#6 and it finally happened. 

By the way, I broke a bone in my foot 5 weeks ago and just found out today.  I am just thankful I shot my Rifleman's score before I went to the doctor, as I am in a boot for 3 - 4 weeks.  I look forward to seeing everyone on the trail with my new Blue Hat.  ^:)^

Deb H.

Congratulations and welcome aboard!  Did I hear you'll be using that shiny Blue Hat at the Constitution fest next weekend? O0   Just don't tell them you broke your foot AT the Appleseed.  Kudos to your persistence!

Erik, it's about time you make it official!  Thank you!  We'll see you in the 'Deep end!'

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]